Bugs after April 2017 update

93 posts / 0 new
lt wrote:

We managed to add a test without errors. Could you try to edit this test translation and see if there's an error? http://lyricstranslate.com/en/test-lyrics.html-0

Yeah, it works! Thanks a lot, how did you do?

Now I know what was the problem.
When I posted the translation from my phone, I used a smiley, that is not supported by the site. I just replaced the smiley by a simple ":)" and it corrected the problem.
That's why it worked when I just posted the translation from your test, the smiley was present in commentary.

lt
Administrator
Green_Sattva wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:

Hello,

I noticed a bug when I tried to submit a translation. The error message is: "The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later."
It was a translation of "In her eyes" by Basshunter from English to French.
I did the translation first on my iPhone and next on my PC, I had the same error.
After several tries, I still have this problem.

Any idea?

I have the same problem, when I am posting explanations of idioms

Could you give an example of an idiom that causes the problem?

Editor

I noticed a bug in the "Site Activity" panel: a new translation was marked as translated from English to English (when in fact it was Rus -> Eng). The song was this one:

http://lyricstranslate.com/en/%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%BE-%D0%B1%D0%B5%D0%B...

Another bug is in translation requests. There is a small clock icon next to songs to indicate that someone is working on a translation. But when I hover over the clock, I see that three days have passed and so the icon should have disappeared, but it hasn't. See for example, the song "Takajeejee" by JVG (second last song): http://lyricstranslate.com/en/requests/21/328/none/none/0/0

Editor

Hey

I don't know if I should write here anymore, but I noticed something weird in my friends feed. The profile pictures of users have mixed up. For example, user X has the profile picture of user Y.

whimsical chatterbox

A strange bug in the (French) transcription requests list.

this request shows up with a blank title, which makes it impossible to select it. I had to go to the user's profile and look in his requests list to actually access the page.

lt
Administrator

Fixed, thanks.

Editor

Found another bug: the ordering of translations on the user page is weird, the last translated song isn't last in the list but somewhere among other translations (towards the top).

lt
Administrator

@Pääsuke: which list are you referring to, list of translations in your profile? If yes, could you please point which one is misplaced?

Editor

Yes, I'm referring to the list of translations in my profile. Well, I can't quite remember the songs, one of them was this one: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/ruby-ruby.html-10
I first saved the songs as drafts and resumed work on them later. Maybe they were ordered according to the time of the first edit. But since then I have edited those songs again and maybe that fixed it. (I know, this probably doesn't make any sense). I will get back to you when it happens again and when I'm able to pinpoint a particular song more accurately.

EDIT: Yes, the songs are ordered according to the date when the draft was saved, not when the translation is submitted. See for example the translation "Tapaaminen" by Inna. I finished the translation today and it's my most recent translation.

whimsical chatterbox

I suppose I'm not the only one to have noticed that, but I'm using the latest Firefox under Win7, and the DailyMotion vids are showing too big, overlapping various other elements.
This is just a minor annoyance. Most of the lyrics can stil be read, except sometimes the translator's comments.

not sure why we still have smilies pop up in lyrics. shouldnt even be possible. for comments ok but for lyrics *rolleyes*...

whimsical chatterbox
lt wrote:

@Pääsuke: which list are you referring to, list of translations in your profile? If yes, could you please point which one is misplaced?

Apparently the songs on a translator's profile are now sorted by date of last modification (instead of first publication).
The change seems pretty recent (about one month ago, or maybe I just didn't notice it earlier).

Editor - Sculptor of Language

Just the other day I noted some song/translation popping up, where I hadn't edited anything ...
Just for no reason.

>" Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree."
Wink smile

whimsical chatterbox

An amusing formatting bug:

when you want to do <- something like this

the "<-" is interpreted as an HTML comment and the rest of the message is dumped

Moderator of the avant-garde

Translations are now being listed by the last time they were edited - it means that you can edit a translation you submitted months ago and it will show up in your first ones. I already suggested alternative ways of sorting content in our profiles.

The old system with the publish date defining an order of the translations seems to me the best and the most stable (what, I think, is a must).

However I also noticed that both checkbox for searching in both directions and highlighting (with yellow) of known language pairs have disappeared in the translation requests.

lt
Administrator

Just switched back default sorting of translations to the publish date.

Editor

I saved this song http://lyricstranslate.com/en/Bobby-McFerrin-Dont-Worry-Be-Happy-lyrics....
to my translation drafts and when I open the drafts, I see a double entry.

PS. This has nothing to do with the rest of the post, but I can't see my "Mark as solved" button...

lt
Administrator
Pääsuke wrote:

I saved this song http://lyricstranslate.com/en/Bobby-McFerrin-Dont-Worry-Be-Happy-lyrics....
to my translation drafts and when I open the drafts, I see a double entry.

Is this question still valid? Can't see this one among drafts at all.

Pääsuke wrote:

PS. This has nothing to do with the rest of the post, but I can't see my "Mark as solved" button...

Could you explain, where exactly (in which thread) this button is missing?

Editor
lt wrote:

Is this question still valid? Can't see this one among drafts at all.

No, you wouldn't see the draft because I published the tranlsation. But I guess the bug vanished or something, because I added a test draft right now and there is only one instance of the draft so consider it fixed. But the bug was definately there.

lt wrote:

Could you explain, where exactly (in which thread) this button is missing?

I can't see the button in any threads.

lt
Administrator
Pääsuke wrote:

I can't see the button in any threads.

Fixed!

Editor
lt wrote:

Fixed!

I can see it now. Thank you!

As we talk about buttons, especially in forum, I don't see any report spam button in any thread neither on mobile nor on desktop. Is it intentional?

Editor of the Stars
Ivan U7n wrote:

As we talk about buttons, especially in forum, I don't see any report spam button in any thread neither on mobile nor on desktop. Is it intentional?

I don't see, either. I think we don't have that option, but it'd be nice to have it.

The thing is that was here before the big update. And or is still there in translations, thus I think it's a bug.

Editor of the Stars
Ivan U7n wrote:

The thing is that was here before the big update. And or is still there in translations, thus I think it's a bug.

That option still exists in translations, songs and idioms, but not forums.

Editor
Ivan U7n wrote:

I also remember the report spam button.

Editor of the Stars

I cannot see "not an idiom" button under the idioms anymore. I think it was usefull, I've always used it.

lt
Administrator

Report buttons have been added to the idioms and forum threads.

Editor of the Stars

Ah, great, thanks!

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-33717063/krambambuli.jpg.html

you still have not deactivated the smilies in lyrics text. that gives us more workload.
now i have to remove every smilie. great.
in some countries "I:" or ":I" is used to indicate repetition of a line.
if this is the worlds biggest lyrics database why do i get smilies when I post these songs.

Right now about 100 translations of mine are no longer there.
I don't see them.
I guess it's a bug, because I find no other reason. Oh well.

lt
Administrator

@rainymoon: How many translations, approximately, have you added so far?

@It

As of August 10, I remember I had at least 430 translations, can't remember the exact number.
I also had 40 transcriptions. And over a thousand thanks. I'd helped over a 110 members. Um... yes, and now all
my numbers went down, except for contributions in idioms.

Hi again @IT, I just checked and the "people helped" is actually normal. (I was mistaken.)
The number of requests solved seems a bit odd to me, I'm not sure it's correct. It may actually be higher than what I did, but I do not know for sure. I do know that at least 2/3rds of my translations posted were requests for others. Thank you for asking. Regular smile

lt
Administrator

@rainymoon: we fixed translations, and now your profile shows 496. Still working on the number of thanks and missing transcriptions. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote:

@rainymoon: we fixed translations, and now your profile shows 496. Still working on the number of thanks and missing transcriptions. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No, not at all. Thank YOU for all your help. Regular smile

Why do the new translations now show up on our front page with so many hours delay?

lt
Administrator

You mean "New translations" block here http://lyricstranslate.com/ ? Cause now it shows the most recent translations at the top.

@lt:
Negative.
I mean our front page.
Lyrics -> Translations
http://lyricstranslate.com/en/translations
Currently the most actual that is shown (top entry) is from Wed, 16/08/2017 - 02:21
That was 10 1/2 hours ago.
Before the new translations used to show up just a minute after issuing.

Pages