Error 503

25 posts / 0 new
Retired Editor ♥
<a href="/en/translator/azura" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1334503">Azura <div class="author_icon" title="Page author" ></div></a>
Pending moderation

This has been going on since the big update a couple of weeks ago.

Basically every time I try to do something on this site, it takes 10 minutes to load and then I get a screen (or a popup) that says Error 503 and something along the lines of "backend fetch failed."

The reason I haven't reported it sooner is because I finally figured out that it's not my home internet or even my phone, it happens regardless of where I am or if I'm on a phone, tablet or computer.

Does anyone else have this happen to them?

Moderator ¡Café-dependiente ☕! | 🇻🇪
<a href="/en/translator/enjovher" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1219642">Enjovher <div class="moderator_icon" title=" Moderador" ></div></a>

Can you take a screenshot next time it happens? I've never had this happen to me.

Moderator 🔮​🇧​​🇮​​🇩​​🇽​​🇦​​🇦​❜
<a href="/en/translator/citl%C4%81licue" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1109697">citlālicue <div class="moderator_icon" title="Moderator" ></div></a>
opulence wrote:

This has been going on since the big update a couple of weeks ago.

Basically every time I try to do something on this site, it takes 10 minutes to load and then I get a screen (or a popup) that says Error 503 and something along the lines of "backend fetch failed."

The reason I haven't reported it sooner is because I finally figured out that it's not my home internet or even my phone, it happens regardless of where I am or if I'm on a phone, tablet or computer.

Does anyone else have this happen to them?

The same thing happened to me last week when I was trying to submit a translation. It was only the one time, but I assumed it was because I have cruddy internet service.

Retired Editor ♥
<a href="/en/translator/azura" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1334503">Azura <div class="author_icon" title="Page author" ></div></a>
Enjovher wrote:

Can you take a screenshot next time it happens? I've never had this happen to me.

Yes, will do :)

Retired Editor ♥

@phantasmagoria - I think I've finally determined that it's not my home internet because it does it even when I'm on mobile data or the wifi at work, and even if I'm on a tablet instead.

Administrator
<a href="/en/translator/lt" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1">LT </a>

@opulence can you add more details? Which country are you from? Does the error occur every time you visit the site? Does it depend on the time of the day?

Retired Editor ♥

I'm in the US. No, it happens at all times of day. It happens at least once a day

Administrator
opulence wrote:

I'm in the US. No, it happens at all times of day. It happens at least once a day

We are unable to find such errors in the server logs.
Please provide us with more information - time of error and URL where error is happened. Thanks for reporting!

<a href="/en/translator/citl%C4%81licue" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1109697">citlālicue <div class="moderator_icon" title="Moderator" ></div></a>

I'm in the US and I got the error 503 for 10 minutes from 8:48AM to 8:58AM (EDT)
http://i.imgur.com/Bpdp2dy.png

Retired Editor ♥

I haven't had it happen in a few days actually. I will report it if something happens again though.

I would like to report that I got the error again at 12:59PM (EDT).

Retired Editor ♥

Are you getting the error on different internet networks? Or is it only with your home network?

Retired Editor ♥

I used to get them everywhere so that's how I ruled out my home wifi

opulence wrote:

Are you getting the error on different internet networks? Or is it only with your home network?

Home network, even though the only issue I have with my ISP is that it shuts on and off at random times but this has never happened to me before the update.

Retired Editor ♥

It has only been since the update for me as well

Retired Editor ♥

I got the error at 7:28 pm pacific time

<a href="/en/translator/sara-ba" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1173791">Danaharab <div class="moderator_icon" title="Συντονιστής" ></div></a>

I had it today twice or 3 times in the past 4 hours, and once yesterday.

Retired Moderator of void
<a href="/en/translator/ivan-u7n" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1297482">Ivan U7n </a>

And I’ve just got this 503 error

Quote:

Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Backend fetch failed
Guru Meditation:

XID: 189043824

Varnish cache server

And I’m from Russia.

Administrator
Pääsuke wrote:

I got the error a few minutes ago when adding a video to a song. It was this song: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/Irina-Kymmenen-kirosanaa-lyrics.html

and the error message read as:

Backend fetch failed
Guru Meditation:

XID: 74091387

Varnish cache server

The message went away after refreshing the site and the video had been added. I got the error yesterday too, (when adding videos), but it doesn't occur very often.

Thanks for precise reporting! We've tuned the server little bit. Hope that this error will vanish.
Please report if error will come back.
URL of error and/or XID will help a lot.

Retired Editor ♥

I just got the error when I was trying to post a comment. It was at 12:22 pm pacific time

Administrator

Please post URL or XID of error

Retired Moderator of void
<a href="/en/translator/ivan-u7n" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1297482">Ivan U7n </a>
Retired Editor ♥

I just got another one:

Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:

XID: 699015271

Varnish cache server

Moderator ¡Café-dependiente ☕! | 🇻🇪
<a href="/en/translator/enjovher" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1219642">Enjovher <div class="moderator_icon" title=" Moderador" ></div></a>

I got this error a few minutes ago when updating a lyrics:
https://lyricstranslate.com/en/Yolanda-Rayo-Se-Dice-de-Mi-lyrics.html

Quote:

Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:

XID: 676171108

Varnish cache server

(10:18 pm [-04:00 GMT])

Another user reports the same issue:
https://lyricstranslate.com/en/forum/report-problem-ask-question/error-5...

Quote:

Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:

XID: 298493490

(Link: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/user/1179431/edit)

EDIT: I ~again~ posted it twice, and I'm not able to delete the previous one.

This is the page that was removed: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/node/1783194