[SOLVED] Transcription request: "Cunailante bella" (Beautiful Coney Island)

Member
jsanders14's picture
Joined: 29/06/2016
User offline. Last seen 3 days 1 hour ago.

On Spotify, I came across old Italian-American songs on an album called "Sta Terra Nun Fa Pi Mia"

It includes a song "Cunailante bella" (Beautiful Coney Island) by Eduardo Migliaccio (Farfariello)

It is a little gem from the Italian-American immigrant community nearly 100 years ago

The link is: Amazon dot com /Cunailante-bella-Beautiful-Coney-Island/dp/B01KFR7NG6

Would someone be able to transcribe the Italian lyrics and/or translate them into English?

Thank you.

Moderator of Romance Languages
phantasmagoria's picture
Joined: 31/03/2012
User offline. Last seen 52 min 23 sec ago.

Do you know if it's on iTunes?

EDIT: It is, but there's 3 versions of it, which one is it?

Member
jsanders14's picture
Joined: 29/06/2016
User offline. Last seen 3 days 1 hour ago.

I only see one version of the song. It is by Eduardo Migliaccio on the "Sta Terra Nun Fa Pi Mia" compilation. There is also a version on YouTube but I am not permitted to post the link. You can search for it using the song name (Cunailante Bella)

Moderator of Romance Languages
phantasmagoria's picture
Joined: 31/03/2012
User offline. Last seen 52 min 23 sec ago.

My mistake, I see it now. I uploaded the video of the song and have made a transcription request for you:
http://lyricstranslate.com/en/eduardo-migliaccio-cunailante-bella-beauti...

Video: https://vimeo.com/203052483

You will be notified if someone submits the lyrics.

Member
jsanders14's picture
Joined: 29/06/2016
User offline. Last seen 3 days 1 hour ago.

Thanks very much.
Hopefully someone can make the transcription and/or translation.

Member
jsanders14's picture
Joined: 29/06/2016
User offline. Last seen 3 days 1 hour ago.

Phantasmagoria: I see you tagged the song as Neapolitan. Are you sure an Italian speaker cannot transcribe it? I'm concerned that it is unlikely to be transcribed due to paucity of Neapolitan speakers and lack of views of the Neapollitan page. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Moderator of Romance Languages
phantasmagoria's picture
Joined: 31/03/2012
User offline. Last seen 52 min 23 sec ago.

jsanders14 wrote:
Phantasmagoria: I see you tagged the song as Neapolitan. Are you sure an Italian speaker cannot transcribe it? I'm concerned that it is unlikely to be transcribed due to paucity of Neapolitan speakers and lack of views of the Neapollitan page. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

I didn't change it to Neapolitan, a fellow Italian user did that. We've got several users who might be able to do it.

Native: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/members/none/0/637/0/0
Fluent: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/members/none/0/0/637/0

Member
jsanders14's picture
Joined: 29/06/2016
User offline. Last seen 3 days 1 hour ago.

OK thanks.

Member
jsanders14's picture
Joined: 29/06/2016
User offline. Last seen 3 days 1 hour ago.

Hi. I received the lyrics in Neapolitan, as well as a translation into Italian. Now all I need is to translate the Italian into English, which might be quicker than awaiting a Napolitan translation into English.
Do I place a new translation request? What do you think is best?

Moderator of Romance Languages
phantasmagoria's picture
Joined: 31/03/2012
User offline. Last seen 52 min 23 sec ago.

jsanders14 wrote:
Hi. I received the lyrics in Neapolitan, as well as a translation into Italian. Now all I need is to translate the Italian into English, which might be quicker than awaiting a Napolitan translation into English.
Do I place a new translation request? What do you think is best?

Users are not allowed to fulfill their own requests so it was changed to Guest. I've made a request and left a note. You can go to the Italian forum and open a new thread and ask that because there's so few Neapolitan speakers, if possible someone could translate from Italian to English.

http://lyricstranslate.com/en/request/cunailante-bella-beautiful-coney-i...

Member
jsanders14's picture
Joined: 29/06/2016
User offline. Last seen 3 days 1 hour ago.

Ok, I created a new topic as you suggested. Would you please approve it. Thank you.

Moderator of Romance Languages
phantasmagoria's picture
Joined: 31/03/2012
User offline. Last seen 52 min 23 sec ago.

jsanders14 wrote:
Ok, I created a new topic as you suggested. Would you please approve it. Thank you.

Do you have a link to the thread or...? I'm not sure what you mean by approve it.

Member
jsanders14's picture
Joined: 29/06/2016
User offline. Last seen 3 days 1 hour ago.

Hmm. I took your advice (above) and posted a new thread about this song in the Italian forum, but I haven't seen it appear in the forum. This made me think that the new had not been approved by the moderator, but from your response that appears unlikely.
I just tried to post again, and it appears to be showing up on the Italian forum: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/forum/translation-italian-english

Thanks.

Moderator of Romance Languages
phantasmagoria's picture
Joined: 31/03/2012
User offline. Last seen 52 min 23 sec ago.

jsanders14 wrote:
Hmm. I took your advice (above) and posted a new thread about this song in the Italian forum, but I haven't seen it appear in the forum. This made me think that the new had not been approved by the moderator, but from your response that appears unlikely.
I just tried to post again, and it appears to be showing up on the Italian forum: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/forum/translation-italian-english

Thanks.

It appears now, says it was posted 45 minutes ago.

Member
jsanders14's picture
Joined: 29/06/2016
User offline. Last seen 3 days 1 hour ago.

This thread, and its accompanying one (http://lyricstranslate.com/en/forum/translation-italian-english) have been RESOLVED thanks to the help of a volunteer translator.