New York (US) & DF (México)
My major contributions are to the Mexican State Anthems, Mexican Folk, Sephardic Folk and Zapotec Folk. On these pages I'm one of the few (and even only) contributors to the contents there, where I've translated songs to English, Spanish and IPA that were previously unavailable online (mostly because there wasn't any interest in translating them out there or not enough knowledge in them). As far as I know, I'm also the only contributor in Djudezmo (or Ladino) in both its latin writing and rashi script. As for my contributions to Mexican folk and anthems, my family comes from several states in Mexico (Tlaxcala, Guanajuato, Oaxaca, Puebla and the Federal District - between the central Mexican plateau and farther south) and therefore I've put a lot of time into finding and translating works surrounding those subjects. Current projects include finding good audio of previously lost or not well known songs by Mexican artists between the 1920's to 1960's and uploading them in video + transcribing those songs too. You can find my youtube channel somewhere in one of those artists I submitted videos to.
- AS A PERSON:
- Sorry in advance if I don't answer comments or messages in a promptly manner, I work full time and at all hours outside of LT.
- Most of the languages I learned are from school, studying and mostly as a hobby to pass the time. Spanish is what really links most of them though.
- Languages I often work in: Spanish, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Catalan, Ladino.
- Languages I sometimes work in: Japanese, Danish, Latin, Asturian, Aragonese, Cantabrian, Italian (Medieval), English (Middle/Old), Norwegian, Swedish, Extremaduran, Galician, German.
- Languages I make no contributions to: Russian (I will come back to this eventually)
- Other languages/dialects I do understand but are not listed on LT or have no lyrics: Mirandese, Leonese (Galician, Medieval and Old versions of those mentioned), (and Old Ladino, but texts are not very common).
- THREE RULES:
- Don't give me a vote as a 'thanks' for filling a request or if you don't know either of the languages it was translated to and from.
- My comments/suggestions are there for contructive criticism, you're more than welcome to use them or ignore them.
- Don't send me a PM or leave me comments to request translations/transcriptions, they'll be unpublished and disregarded.