New York (US) & DF (México)
My major contributions are to the Mexican State Anthems, Mexican Folk, Sephardic Folk and Zapotec Folk. It is a hobby and a passion for me to find/transcribe/translate songs from unknown artists from the 30s ~ 80s whose songs have disappeared with time, and are not available anywhere online. Along with these songs (mostly in Spanish and Ladino).
AS A PERSON:
- Sorry in advance if I don't answer comments or messages in a promptly manner, I work full time and at all hours outside of LT.
- Most of the languages I learned are from school, studying and as a hobby to pass the time. Spanish is what really links most of them though.
- Don't give me a vote as a 'thanks' for filling a request or if you don't know either of the languages it was translated to and from.
- My comments/suggestions are there for constructive criticism, you're more than welcome to use them or ignore them.
- Don't send me a PM or leave me comments to request translations/transcriptions, they'll be unpublished and disregarded.
- Studied languages: Asturian, Cantabrian (these were in the 'Studied' category on my profile but they don't all fit in there so I moved them here).
- Languages I often work in: Spanish, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Catalan, Ladino.
- Languages I sometimes work in: Japanese, Danish, Latin, Asturian, Aragonese, Cantabrian, Italian (Medieval), English (Middle/Old), Norwegian, Swedish, Extremaduran, Galician, German.
- Languages I make no contributions to: Russian (I will come back to this eventually)
- Other languages/dialects I do understand but are not listed on LT or have no lyrics: Mirandese, Leonese (Galician, Medieval and Old versions of those mentioned), (and Old Ladino, but texts are not very common).