"Nack Hause" A Russian movie with musical score from the 1930's. Is today's current song "Nack Hause" from the original movie?

Felhasználó offline. Utoljára bejelenetkezve 3 év 44 hét

I am researching a 1940-44 Polish Underground run restaurant in Warsau, across the street from the old opera house, called "Nack Hause". The restaurant was named after a Russian producer/director's movie from the 1930's by the same name and produced in both German and Russian. Are the current translations of "Nack Hause" in our Lyrics archive from the original movie? If I find they are not then I will further pursue the 1930's song and have it translated here with a notation to it's origin.

Mauler képe
Felhasználó offline. Utoljára bejelenetkezve 41 hét 2 óra

Hi,
lol you're writing a funny Denglish: either Warsaw or Warschau, and either house or Haus;
Never heard of this "Nack House", but I'm interested in pre-war Poland...

Felhasználó offline. Utoljára bejelenetkezve 3 év 44 hét

This is a personal kind of quest....I worked with a woman, who was a member of the Polish Underground in Warsaw, every week for 12 years and have much of her life story on paper and the rest of it in my head. Among other things, she said she worked at the restaurant "Znack Haus" (her spelling as I recall) and said the name of the commissary/restaurant came from a Russian filmmaker who wrote/produced the movie in Russian and German. She said the movie was very popular with students and when the opera, ballet, and philharmonic were shut down in Warsaw by the Germans they named the restaurant in honor of the movie and as a form of protest.

I could go on and on about the restaurant but will not fill up the page at this time. I was hoping someone would know of the movie and perhaps the music.....and then I wanted to get it translated. I have checked Russian movies from the 20's though the 40's and have found nothing.

Mauler képe
Felhasználó offline. Utoljára bejelenetkezve 41 hét 2 óra

Perhaps Eisenstein's "Броненосец Потёмкин (The Battleship Potemkin)" from 1925? This is the only movie I can think of, hm...