- No insults. (except for within lyrics). Filthy, offensive, and obscene language and images are prohibited on the site, including usernames and profile pictures.
- Avoid typos and wrong information.
- Don't use capslock if you haven't got a good reason to do so.
- Use proper capitalization.
- You can use these HTML-tags to format the lyrics, translations and comments you add.
- Remove URLs from within the lyrics.
- Remove original lyrics from within the translation.
- If you don't know the artist, write "Unknown Artist (x)", with x being the language.
- If you don't know the lyrics, make a transcription request.
- Write only one artist into the field "artist". There are fields for featuring artists. Please put only one artist into each field. If a song has been covered or performed by another artist using the same lyrics, you can put that other artist into the field "Also performed by".
- The field "original name" on an artist's page refers to the spelling in the artist's country. If it's the same as what is written into the field "artist", just leave "original name" empty. Don't write the members of a band into that field.
- Religious texts/prayers belong into "Worship Songs", especially if the author is unknown.
- Traditionals with unknown author belong into "X Folk", with X being the language.
- National anthems belong into "National Anthems".
- Lyrics should preferably be written in the letters of the original language (kyrillic, greek, arabic, kanji, devanagari etc.).
- But titles and artists should be written in latin letters (for titles, write the original spelling in brackets after the romanized).
- Best write into the submitter's comment from where you have taken the lyrics (especially if it's an official source like the artist's homepage or the booklet).
Adding a translation
- Don't plagiarize.
- If you add a translation you haven't done yourself, or if your translation is based on another translation, give a source.
- If you add translations you haven't done yourself, you should make sure they are not completely awful.
- No machine translations.
- No duplicates.
- No incomplete translations.
- Please translate the song title as well as the song lyrics, whenever it is possible.
- Only translate into languages that you are no complete beginner of.
- If you want to edit your translation, a song or a comment you added, click on "edit".
- Correction of an original lyric performed by an editor or a moderator may not be reversed by a user who is not an editior or moderator.
- Don't steal people's translations to post them in other websites - please contact the submitter to ask whether they mind their work to be published elsewhere.
- Only rate translations if you know both the source language and target language.
- If you have transcribed lyrics that were requested but several parts are missing, it's better to write your transcription in a comment beneath the request.
- Look if there are comments beneath a request before adding your translation/transcription.
- "Idioms" is for phrases that have figurative meaning, and not for normal random sentences.
- Each idiom should be added separately. If two idioms look similar and have the same meaning, they should be added as equivalents.
- Avoid requesting a song translation in the Forum, it only should be done just in case your request is taking too long.
Do you have another question?