Skyfall şarkı sözleri
This is the end1
Hold your breath and count to ten2
Feel the Earth move and then
Hear my heart burst again
For this is the end
I've drowned and dreamt this moment3
So overdue I owe them
Swept away I'm stolen
Let the sky fall
We will stand tall
- 1. The film begins with James Bond’s supposed death… although no one really believed he stayed dead.
This song alludes to the eventual plot of the movie; since this movie marks the end of an era: the end of modern Bond and return to basics; and the end of Dench as M and all it signifies.
- 2. The supposed death scene happens as Bond falls in a Turkish river — hence Bond is holding his breath to make sure not even his bosses notice him.
- 3. In Skyfall, the song begins playing right after Bond has been shot and fallen in water. It contains various images of drowning and death such as tomb stones and guns.
Skyfall is also being released 50 years after the first Bond movie, Dr No). In that film, the “Bond Girl” Honey Ryder is tied up, put under water and left to drown. Fortunately, Bond rescues her.
- 4. a. b. c. If shit goes down they will face it together no matter what.
Skyfall is both the title of the film and the name of the Scottish cottage where James Bond grew up. These lyrics reference how it’s attacked by the film’s villain as Bond and M are hiding, but not without them fighting back.
- 5. a. b. c. In the film, Skyfall is the former home of James Bond’s parents in Scotland which has seen better days.
According to Neal Purvis, one of the film’s screen-writing team, “We needed a haunting place name. I just plucked it out of the air, and it turned out to be something that struck a chord with the filmmakers.”
- 6. Skyfall is the home of Bond’s parent’s estate in Scotland, where he saw them killed. It is a dramatic contrast with other locations, such as the vivid, colourful Shanghai.
- 7. In Skyfall, there are repeated references to the shadows, where agents like Bond and Silva do battle. “Worlds collide” could also reference the conflict between old-fashioned physical espionage, represented by Bond and M, and hi-tech sabotage like Silva prefers. There is also the collision of M’s past (her betrayal of Silva) and her present (ordering Eve to take a shot that endangered Bond’s life).
- 8. A sly reference to Johnny Rivers' “Secret Agent Man” (“They give you a number, and take away your name”), regarding how secret agents hide behind codenames that can be simply numbers… like 007.
- 9. Can reference both Bond’s womanizing and the fact that even hiding his identity behind the job he’ll never given in to villain pressure.
- 10. Although it’s a metaphor for lovers taking care of each other, Skyfall contains a sub-plot about politicians trying to limit the power of the Security Services, in particular MI6.
- 11. She wants you to put your hand in her hands and help her, so you’ll stand together in these rough times.