Bugs after April 2017 update

121 posts / 0 new
Banned User
<a href="/ar/translator/saintmark" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1276610">SaintMark <div class="author_icon" title="Page author" ></div></a>
تاريخ الانضمام: 06.02.2016
Administrator
<a href="/ar/translator/lt" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1">LT </a>
تاريخ الانضمام: 27.05.2008

Fixed, thanks.

Administrator

[@Pääsuke]: which list are you referring to, list of translations in your profile? If yes, could you please point which one is misplaced?

Banned User
<a href="/ar/translator/saintmark" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1276610">SaintMark <div class="author_icon" title="Page author" ></div></a>

not sure why we still have smilies pop up in lyrics. shouldnt even be possible. for comments ok but for lyrics *rolleyes*...

Editor - Россияне домой!
<a href="/ar/translator/freigeist" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1249237">Freigeist <div class="editor_icon" title="Editor" ></div></a>
تاريخ الانضمام: 11.06.2015

Just the other day I noted some song/translation popping up, where I hadn't edited anything ...
Just for no reason.

>" Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree."
;)

مشرف 👨🏻‍🏫🇧🇷✍🏻👨🏻
<a href="/ar/translator/don-juan" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1110108">Don Juan <div class="moderator_icon" title="Модератор" ></div></a>
تاريخ الانضمام: 05.04.2012

Translations are now being listed by the last time they were edited - it means that you can edit a translation you submitted months ago and it will show up in your first ones. I already suggested alternative ways of sorting content in our profiles.

مشرف سابق of void
<a href="/ar/translator/ivan-u7n" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1297482">Ivan U7n </a>
تاريخ الانضمام: 27.06.2016

The old system with the publish date defining an order of the translations seems to me the best and the most stable (what, I think, is a must).

However I also noticed that both checkbox for searching in both directions and highlighting (with yellow) of known language pairs have disappeared in the translation requests.

Administrator

Just switched back default sorting of translations to the publish date.

Administrator
Pääsuke wrote:

I saved this song https://lyricstranslate.com/en/Bobby-McFerrin-Dont-Worry-Be-Happy-lyrics...
to my translation drafts and when I open the drafts, I see a double entry.

Is this question still valid? Can't see this one among drafts at all.

Pääsuke wrote:

PS. This has nothing to do with the rest of the post, but I can't see my "Mark as solved" button...

Could you explain, where exactly (in which thread) this button is missing?

Administrator
Pääsuke wrote:

I can't see the button in any threads.

Fixed!

مشرف سابق of void
<a href="/ar/translator/ivan-u7n" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1297482">Ivan U7n </a>

As we talk about buttons, especially in forum, I don't see any report spam button in any thread neither on mobile nor on desktop. Is it intentional?

مشرف
<a href="/ar/translator/radixice" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1179431">RadixIce <div class="moderator_icon" title="Modérateur" ></div></a>
تاريخ الانضمام: 21.06.2013
Ivan U7n wrote:

As we talk about buttons, especially in forum, I don't see any report spam button in any thread neither on mobile nor on desktop. Is it intentional?

I don't see, either. I think we don't have that option, but it'd be nice to have it.

مشرف سابق of void

The thing is that was here before the big update. And or is still there in translations, thus I think it's a bug.

مشرف
<a href="/ar/translator/radixice" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1179431">RadixIce <div class="moderator_icon" title="Modérateur" ></div></a>
Ivan U7n wrote:

The thing is that was here before the big update. And or is still there in translations, thus I think it's a bug.

That option still exists in translations, songs and idioms, but not forums.

مشرف

I cannot see "not an idiom" button under the idioms anymore. I think it was usefull, I've always used it.

Administrator

Report buttons have been added to the idioms and forum threads.

مشرف

Ah, great, thanks!

Banned User

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-33717063/krambambuli.jpg.html

you still have not deactivated the smilies in lyrics text. that gives us more workload.
now i have to remove every smilie. great.
in some countries "I:" or ":I" is used to indicate repetition of a line.
if this is the worlds biggest lyrics database why do i get smilies when I post these songs.

Administrator

[@rainymoon]: How many translations, approximately, have you added so far?

Administrator

[@rainymoon]: we fixed translations, and now your profile shows 496. Still working on the number of thanks and missing transcriptions. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Editor - Россияне домой!
<a href="/ar/translator/freigeist" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1249237">Freigeist <div class="editor_icon" title="Editor" ></div></a>

Why do the new translations now show up on our front page with so many hours delay?

Administrator

You mean "New translations" block here https://lyricstranslate.com/ ? Cause now it shows the most recent translations at the top.

Editor - Россияне домой!

@lt:
Negative.
I mean our front page.
Lyrics -> Translations
https://lyricstranslate.com/en/translations
Currently the most actual that is shown (top entry) is from Wed, 16/08/2017 - 02:21
That was 10 1/2 hours ago.
Before the new translations used to show up just a minute after issuing.

Editor - Россияне домой!

That seems to be fixed now ...
*thumbs_up*

Editor - Россияне домой!

I still don't understand, why they have abolished the "friends" - visibility.
I mean, I know who my friends are.
I would be interested to see who other user's friends are ...
That's the reason why the whole "friends" - issue makes sense

مشرف
Hansi K_Lauer wrote:

I still don't understand, why they have abolished the "friends" - visibility.
I mean, I know who my friends are.
I would be interested to see who other user's friends are ...
That's the reason why the whole "friends" - issue makes sense

Me too, I think I liked this feature. Plus, I also don't understand why they have abolished the visibility of the comments in the "site activity" section on the right side, I think I also liked that feature.

مشرف 👨🏻‍🏫🇧🇷✍🏻👨🏻
<a href="/ar/translator/don-juan" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1110108">Don Juan <div class="moderator_icon" title="Модератор" ></div></a>
تاريخ الانضمام: 05.04.2012
Hansi K_Lauer wrote:

Why do the new translations now show up on our front page with so many hours delay?

It also happens with me, but before logging in. After logging in, the translations are properly listed automatically after having been added.

Editor - Россияне домой!

@Alma Barroca
The problem seems to be solved by now.
It wasn't an effect of logging in.
I always first log in.

Banned User

not really a bug. but still videos you just added couple weeks ago (sometimes days) keep disappearing. this is atrocious. better would be having a dedicated server where they all get saved for good. otherwise a lot of upkeep is just in vain. dont know why this isn't already done, probably a copyright/legal or financing issue.. but adding videolinks that just disappear is disheartening... right now when you calculate 10MB per song (480px video) you only need little over 1TB of data. cause there are 600K songs and each year theres around 100K more. i'm not an IT expert, but that amount of data seems to be manageable ? just a train of thought..

Banned User

" But then there is of course the problem of copyright infrigement.
Soon as the site hosts a vid, its owners are supposed to pay the royalties..."

yes, that's what i thought too... copyright is complicating things a lot.
for a small website like this the cost would be astronomical.. so that option is off the table.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/4e/4e107816609e3eaed0b319947bc9c13272a5d371d...

Administrator

[@Pääsuke]: We're working to fix it asap, thanks for reporting.

مشرف

I don't know if it is only me or not, but I cannot see the 'Report broken data/spam' button under the artists' pages.

مشرف

Yes, I mean the page with the artist's song list. I picked up a random artist to check again, still I didn't see that button. The only button I see is the"subscribe" button. I see the report button everywhere, but artists' pages.

مشرف

You might be right, I asked it in editors' room. Hopefully someone will respond. Though, the disappearance of that button is still weird.

مشرف

But I still can't see it. So if you see it, it means it is only me who cannot see that button under the artists' pages... I still the 'subscribe' button, but not report button..

Administrator

@taddy26: The button should be there, we checked specifically for your account. Could you send us a screenshot of an artist page, e.g. https://lyricstranslate.com/en/mark-medlock-lyrics.html ?

مشرف
lt wrote:

@taddy26: The button should be there, we checked specifically for your account. Could you send us a screenshot of an artist page, e.g. https://lyricstranslate.com/en/mark-medlock-lyrics.html ?

Yes, of course. https://m.imgur.com/F4sxCIB
I see the button everywhere, but the artists' pages.

EDIT: I can't that button since the day before yesterday, everything was fine before.

Administrator

Looks like a mobile version. Could you please try on a desktop?

Editor of Russian content
<a href="/ar/translator/sophia-0" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1212099">Sophia_ <div class="editor_icon" title="Editor" ></div></a>
تاريخ الانضمام: 07.07.2014

1) when setting gender in the profile (in case you left it blank before), the avatar disappears and has to be re-uploaded
2) the "strong" tag does not seem to work. The text remains plain instead of turning bold and the tags are displayed as if not interpreted
3) sometimes, comments visualized with the "preview" feature fail to be published entirely

مشرف

[@lt] Now that I see it there, but I only see it on desktop now.. Not when I log in via mobile telephone or iPad, or any other devices. It's weird, I've never come across something like that before...

مشرف

Oh, I don't know :D As I said, it started to disappear a few days ago :d Welcome to the team, btw

مشرف

You're welcome! There is not any editor-specific forum, there is a chat room for Editors (and Mods), click on the chat box, You'll see "Editors' room" box upon the "Public chatroom" box.

مشرف

Glad that I could help :d

Administrator
Green_Sattva wrote:

2) the "strong" tag does not seem to work. The text remains plain instead of turning bold and the tags are displayed as if not interpreted

[@Green_Sattva]: Could you explain where exactly the "strong" tag doesn't work?

مشرف سابق of void

It's not a bug per se, but I've seen number of views. The question is: how are the numbers in the brackets counted? I've guessed that these are some "recent" views, but not how they are exactly managed.
Also it would be great to be able to sort song list by this count.

Editor of Russian content
<a href="/ar/translator/sophia-0" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1212099">Sophia_ <div class="editor_icon" title="Editor" ></div></a>
تاريخ الانضمام: 07.07.2014
مشرف سابق of void

Also in the site activity box I saw https://lyricstranslate.com/en/forum/editors-room/report-bug (and others), that, according to name, I shall not see it at all. Access is denied to it, though.

مشرف

[@Ivan U7n] That's because the forum is only accessable for editors, mods, and admins.

مشرف سابق of void

[@taddy26], then I should not see these topics at all, even in activity box. That was what the report about, not that I can’t read it.

مشرف سابق of the Balkans :)
<a href="/ar/translator/cherrycrush" class="userpopupinfo" rel="user1144880">CherryCrush </a>
تاريخ الانضمام: 07.12.2012

I mentioned that to the admins, as it made me an impression too - not sure why it appeared in the site activity, as it shouldn't, but they will probably look into it.

Pages