Hello and welcome to LT, new user!
Two of the most important things to keep in mind:
1. Making requests: Request the translation/ transcription (the writing of song lyrics) of a song by going to: Main menu bar → Actions → Request a translation/ Request a transcription.
2. When adding a song, remember to also add the video. Also make sure that you're adding an official one, as those are not usually removed from Youtube, which reduces Editors' and Moderators' workload as they do not have to re-add the videos. Official videos come in one of the four formats:
• Artist Name - Song Name (Topic) - Titles with the word "Topic" after them are videos generated by Youtube.
• Artist Name ♪ - Song Name - Artist names with a note (♪) after them are the official channel of the artist.
• Artist NameVEVO - Song Name - Artist names with "VEVO" after them also indicate an official channel.
• Artist Name - Song Name (Official) - This is the rarest format and means that this is an independent artist. If the video is indeed an official one, the profile name usually matches with the artist's name.
Sometimes you have to scroll further down to find the correct video.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ English language dictionary (English interface)
https://www.thesaurus.com/ English thesaurus (for looking up synonyms) (English interface)
http://www.writtensound.com/index.php Onomatopoeia dictionary for looking up sound words (English interface)
https://www.etymonline.com/ Etymology dictionary for looking up the historical meanings of words (English interface)
http://www.eki.ee/dict/soome/ Finnish-Estonian dictionary
http://nastik.spin.ee/ English-Estonian-English dictionary
http://www.eki.ee/dict/ekss/ Definitions of Estonian words
http://www.eki.ee/dict/sys/index.cgi Estonian thesaurus
https://convertcase.net/ Case converter
I originally created my first account on 23.04.2016 - I consider this my anniversary - called Translationist, which I then renamed to Pääsuke or Swallow. I left LT, that is, removed my account, on May 3rd, 2018 because I was having a difficult period in life, but re-created my account on the same day. On my old account I had around 360 translations.
I like punk, rock, indie, chillstep and all the random songs that I stumble upon and think sound good.
I love Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels.
Personal quote: A medicore translator thinks they know a language, a good translator knows that they cannot fully know a language.