Anders Sein (превод на Английски)
превод на Английски
To Be Different
Sails are propelled1by every wind
Good and bad are necessities for life2
Do everything possible, sing like never before
For the good of all mankind!
Step into the constant cool of the shade
Don't look them in the eyes
There is only strength in unity3
Lest we fall into oblivion4
To be different,5and appear differently
To speak and express yourself differently
To praise and adhere to all things6
To give honor to all things, and delight in them endlessly.
Deception only comes thru words
Every liar is afforded mercy
Since everything that comes out of his7mouth
Is just to give himself credit.
To live a life in fear8
Is a life half lived9
Don't ever be afraid to write your own destiny10
Nor to step out of your comfort zone11
I promise you'll live a full life,12
Yet be wary of self-doubt and despair
You'll have the choice of any gal
Oh, but only one shall love you!
Keep your friends closer13
For some of them will not tell you the whole truth
In times when you are all alone,
They will turn their backs on you!14
Doesn't mean you have to shed your skin every time15
Only pain will you feel blowing upon your face
Should the wind make a single change in direction
In your search for that certain path
Even for the sacrifices you made16
So don't close your eyes17
And enjoy the approaching storm18
- 1. meaning that all winds provide the means to propel a ship via its sails
- 2. similar to what some theologians will say, "Life cannot exist without both good and evil."
- 3. my interpretation of "Haende reichen" is when two parties come to agreement. Similar to the popular saying, "United we stand, divided we fall".
- 4. lit. in order to avoid the storm (plural)
- 5. a. b. c. lit. differently someone; as in to be someone or something different
- 6. as in to bear all things in mind, heart, spirit.
- 7. using "his" as the neutral default, since no gender is expressed in the original.
- 8. to be on the safe side or to never take any risks.
- 9. I tend to think of "Namen" as one's own character. 'The outcome of one's character when "playing it safe" will never be known' is my interpretation of the line.
- 10. lit. song
- 11. lit. not having angst from showing your (true) self to the outside (world). It's also similar to the saying, "stepping out of the box" or "breaking out of the shell"
- 12. lit. a beautiful life
- 13. adapted from the saying, 'keep your enemies close, but your friends (even) closer!'; lit. you will have friends who are fake
- 14. lit. they will become something or someone terrible
- 15. the saying "to shed one's skin" has a similar meaning in English as it does in German. Not necessarily in the literal sense, but to "shed" one's skin rather means to put off the old and start anew.
- 16. lit. sometimes even for the blood you shed for others
- 17. to look toward the future with confidence
- 18. lit. to enjoy the headwind; to enjoy all that life throws at you -- both good and bad.
Още преводи на "Anders Sein"