La terra dei cachi (превод на Английски)
превод на Английски
The Land Of Khakis
Abusive parking lots, abusive applause,
Abusive cottages, abusive sexual abuses;
So much abusive desire of doing it again.
Rigged procurements, rigged transplants,
Rigged mopeds that snatch rigged ladies bags;
The beautician of the divas is pretty much rigged.2
Italy yes, Italy no Italy boom, the unpunished slaughter.
You can say yes you can say no, but such is life.
Let's make us a coffee, we don't have to go down the coffee shop :
There's a commando unit waiting for us, to murder us a little.
Commando yes, commando no, commando homicidal.
Commando pam commando papapapapam, but if there's the game
the commando is no longer there and goes to the stadium,
waving the banner, no more blood will flow
infected yes? infected no? Quintals of plasma.
Primary7 yes, primary let's go (aah!), primary phantom,
I won't be a phantom8 and I say no to your plasma.
If you forget the clamps whistling I would tell you
"fi fi fi fi fi fi fi fi I owe you a clamp,
fi fi fi fi fi fi fi fi, I've got it right in my belly".
Hurrah for the crucible of clamps. Hurrah for the crucible of bellies.
So much unresolved problems but a heart this big. This big.
Italy yes, Italy no, Italy yummy, let's cook some spaghetti9
A pizza hanging out with someone, a pizza alone;
a total of two pizzas and such is Italy.
Fufafifi' fufafifi' hurrah for Italy.
Perfect Italy (perepepe' nanananai).
A pizza hanging out with someone, a pizza alone :
Italy yes Italy no
Italy yes (ué), Italy no (ué ué ué ué ué)
Because the land of khaki is the land of khaki.
- 1. This satirical song is about the social, political and health safety scandals of the 90's in Italy
- 2. Référence au maquilleur Gil Cagné.
- 3. Allusion to a song by Nilla Pizzi "Papaveri e papere"(poppies and ducks) http://lyricstranslate.com/en/papaveri-e-papere-poppies-and-ducks.html
- 4. Sicilian pastry, a sort of cream horn
- 5. Here it's an allusion to "La donna cannone" (The Cannon Lady) by Francesco De Gregori http://lyricstranslate.com/en/la-donna-cannone-cannon-lady.html
- 6. Allusion to "Una lacrima sul viso" (A tear on your face) by Bobby Solo http://lyricstranslate.com/en/Bobby-Solo-Una-lacrima-sul-viso-lyrics.html
- 7. "Primario" could mean "primary, main" but also "chief physician"
- 8. Based on this page ( http://www.marok.org/Elio/Diz/index.html#fantasma ), "fantasma" (phantom) refers, in Italian slang, to someone diagnosed with AIDS. Besides, the term "Primario fantasma" (ghost chief physician) was used a lot in newspapers in the early 1990's when journalists discovered that some chief physicians simply did not show up for work, hence the "ghost". (thanks Gyps Fulvus for the explanation)
- 9. The end of this sentence is Romanesco dialect. The idiom ("Let's cook us two spaghettis") means in fact getting over a problem by ignoring it : getting together, having dinner, and stop talking about it.
- 10. Onomatopeia indicating a snorting
- 11. Onomatopaia indicating a fart
- 12. "Pizzo"= protection money, the money criminal organisations ask to people and businesses in exchange for "protecting" them or at least for not attacking them (Thanks annabellanna for the explanation)
- 13. "Io non ci sto", (I'm not playing this game, I'm not up for it) : this famous sentence was pronounced by Italian President Oscar Luigi Scalfaro during a speech on TV in 1993. Scalfaro was then facing charges of misuses of specific public funds; he explained on TV that he wouldn't resign.
Още преводи на "La terra dei cachi"
Elio e le Storie Tese: Топ 3
|2.||Cara ti amo|
|3.||Uomini con il Borsello (Ragazza che limoni sola)|
Idioms from "La terra dei cachi"