Joli garçon (Englisch Übersetzung)
He said "care to dance?", thinking "it's in the bag".
But I won't dance to your tune1, you have no idea who you're messing with
I'll soon sort that out. About-face, march!2
I have no time for this, it's either love or war.
Now tell me why you deny it. Tonight I'm your target
Now tell me why you deny it. It's too easy for you
Every night he used another name (he used another name)
Nothing but phoney promises (just phoney promises)
A kind of chameleon (chameleon)
His brains in his pants (his brains in his pants)
But he was a pretty boy (pretty boy)
Handsome boy (handsome boy)
He was a pretty boy (pretty boy)
was cute (dumb and cute)
Honest, I could have fallen for you, we know each other.
There will be no second chance, this time I'm ready to fight
You're wasting my time, just pay for my drink on your way out.
Cut the chatter, I'm out of it.
That's how it goes, about-face, pretty boy.
That's how it goes, I won't be your puppet
That's how it goes, that's not for me, forget my name (yeah)
You have to put it behind you, pick another prey, Wolfy5
Forget this face, you won't get a thing.
No use in hurrying, not anymore.
Why "I follow you, you follow me"6? So drop dead.
Changing his name
Nothing but phoney promises
His brains in his pants
He was a handsome boy
Dumb and cute
- 1. the original pun is on "I don't play"
- 2. technically she says "switch into reverse" but since she uses military metaphors everywhere...
- 3. based on this nursery rhyme
- 4. "disquette" (floppy disk) is typical yoofspeak for "sweet talk"
- 5. lit. "my wolf" but that's rather a sarcastic nickname
- 6. that must be the twitter thing... The idea is that boys assume a girl must be attracted to them as soon as they are attracted to her
Idioms from "Joli garçon"
|2.||In the bag|
|3.||Perdre la tête|
|4.||that's how it goes|
|5.||Tourner la page|