Can't find my translation draft

22 posts / 0 new
Member
Beigetreten: 26.05.2017
Pending moderation

Yesterday I began a new translation and clicked "Save translation draft" but now I'm looking for it and I can't find it. Underneath my "in progress" tab, there's nothing there. Can anyone help cause I really don't want to start from scratch.

Moderator and Scholar of a Dark Age
Beigetreten: 16.02.2011

It's not in the in progress tab but in the drafts folder, which you can access in the drop down menu that appears when you hover with the mouse over your name in the upper right corner.
In progress is a different feature (a way of notifying requesters that their request was begun being translated).

Moderator — I need to watch you go!
Beigetreten: 10.07.2011

It is a bug that has occured since the draft system implantation. If you did not give a title to your translation, then it does not appear in the draft category. And I do not think there is any way to recover your translation as a result.

Moderator and Scholar of a Dark Age
Beigetreten: 16.02.2011

No, that doesn't seem to be the issue.
But thanks for the heads up, I didn't encounter it so far. I think whenever I tried to save a draft without title it simply didn't let me.

But, I looked into our log now, and here's the draft: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/dive-tuffati-dentro.html

Editor and jack of all trades
Beigetreten: 08.09.2014

Oh, I have this problem too. Even though I have the draft saved, it still redirects me to the original song.

Moderator of Romance Languages
Beigetreten: 31.03.2012
brianagrimes7 wrote:

Yesterday I began a new translation and clicked "Save translation draft" but now I'm looking for it and I can't find it. Underneath my "in progress" tab, there's nothing there. Can anyone help cause I really don't want to start from scratch.

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/dive-tuffati-dentro.html
It was under 'Unpublished', it was published, just edit the translation and or leave a note in the Author's comment section saying it's a WIP.

Moderator and Scholar of a Dark Age
Beigetreten: 16.02.2011
phantasmagoria wrote:
brianagrimes7 wrote:

Yesterday I began a new translation and clicked "Save translation draft" but now I'm looking for it and I can't find it. Underneath my "in progress" tab, there's nothing there. Can anyone help cause I really don't want to start from scratch.

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/dive-tuffati-dentro.html
It was under 'Unpublished', it was published, just edit the translation and or leave a note in the Author's comment section saying it's a WIP.

It was supposed to be a draft, so it was intentional that it was unpublished (drafts are treated the same by the website as unpublished translations).

Higgs Boson wrote:

Oh, I have this problem too. Even though I have the draft saved, it still redirects me to the original song.

That sounds like a different problem to me. Could you give an example, please?

Moderator of Romance Languages
Beigetreten: 31.03.2012

@Sciera Yeah I just noticed that. @brianagrimes7 all drafts are here: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/drafts

Editor and cheeky nitpicker
Beigetreten: 14.09.2013

On a similar line, I noticed some comments are lost if you preview them before publishing.
Instead of adding the comment, the "save" button takes you back to the original page as if you'd never typed anything.
I never saw it happen on forum threads, only on song pages.
I'm using Firefox (latest version under Win7), in case that would be a browser-specific bug.

This apparently occurs at random, but often enough to make me wary of the preview feature Regular smile

You can avoid losing everything you typed by going back one page (using your brower history navigation), copy the final version of your comment, go back to the original page, paste it as a new comment and publish it without preview (which ups the cost of a preview quite a bit :))

And while I'm at it, some emoticons are not converted to pics, as you can see with the basic smiley above. I suppose the double closing brace is to blame.

lt
Administrator
Beigetreten: 27.05.2008
Higgs Boson wrote:

Oh, I have this problem too. Even though I have the draft saved, it still redirects me to the original song.

@Higgs Boson Could you give us an example, here or in a private message?

Member
Beigetreten: 26.05.2017

i had checked there first, and my drafts are empty

Member
Beigetreten: 26.05.2017

thank you!

Senior Member
Beigetreten: 30.12.2014

Really useful comment, thank you very much, Sciera!

Gast

I cannot delete translations. As soon as I click on the button to do so, what occurs
is that I am redirected to my "Drafts"page instead. Drafts are also impossible
for me to delete at the moment. So I once posted a translation twice, as I'd forgotten,
and I contacted a moderator to delete another duplicate for me. 

Quote:

On a similar line, I noticed some comments are lost if you preview them before publishing.

The very same thing happens to me.
 

Otter in disguise
Beigetreten: 19.09.2016
belladonnasadness wrote:

I cannot delete translations. As soon as I click on the button to do so, what occurs
is that I am redirected to my "Drafts"page instead. Drafts are also impossible
for me to delete at the moment. So I once posted a translation twice, as I'd forgotten,
and I contacted a moderator to delete another duplicate for me. 

That actually happened to me some time ago. I thought it had just been a one time thing, a little bug, but it turns out it's been happening to others as well.
Really hope it gets fixed soon, it can be pretty annoying.

Moderator Polyglot Scot
Beigetreten: 26.07.2013

I also just tried to delete a draft translation as it's been fulfilled in the meantime (I forgot about my work in progress, lol), but it still remains in the list and I can see it when I click on it.

Gast
Quote:

That actually happened to me as well some time ago.
I thought it had just been a one time thing, just a little bug, but it turns out it's been happening to others as well. Really hope it gets fixed soon, it can be pretty annoying.

 I wasn't sure if it happened to anyone else, either.
It makes me feel somewhat better that I'm not the only one, thank you. I hope
this is fixed soon. 

Gast
Quote:

I also just tried to delete a draft translation as it's been fulfilled in the meantime (I forgot about my work in progress, lol), but it still remains in the list and I can see it when I click on it.

:DI forget about my "in progress" things all the time. It's easier to remember the drafts.
I've got about a dozen, and none are worth posting, but I use them to practice...

lt
Administrator
Beigetreten: 27.05.2008

This bug with translations deletion has been fixed.

Moderator of void
Beigetreten: 27.06.2016

Yes, I can delete drafts now, but why the redirect to the site's main page and not to the drafts? I mean after the deletion of a draft.

Junior Member
Beigetreten: 02.03.2018

I don't find anything unpublished... just the drafts... how fo you get on there???

Moderator and Scholar of a Dark Age
Beigetreten: 16.02.2011

Unpublished entries and drafts are treated the same by this website.
Normal users can only see their own drafts/unpublished entries.

Btw, you added that comment twice; I've unpublished one copy of it.

Neuen Kommentar schreiben