Punjabi Tappe ( Αγγλικά μετάφραση)
Come to the terrace, would you? My Love,
If you wish to meet, that is?!
You can get lost if you don't..1
I would certainly be more glad seeing you than my friends,
But there is a problem,
I am afraid, if caught, I would be trashed. So, I won't.2
You are very mean!
Have some shame,
You have daughters and sons.3
All of my teeth have fallen now,
You still do like me, don't you?
Even when our kids distrub you a lot?4
Huh! There isn't much bother for love here.
Go! I won't talk to you.
You don't even have a moustache!5
Even I would like to taste a little love,
I you'd order,
I would even keep a beard.6
Would you come to the garden, Please!
While I sleep,
Would you mind keeping the flies away?7
Would you mind bathing daily?
If you are so irritated by flies,
You should also have a little jaggery.8
And now that we have found one another,
We will live happily together,
And sings songs of love for one another.
- 1. The bride is teasing the groom to meet her before marriage.
- 2. To this the groom replies sarcastically as if he doesn't care.
- 3. The wife whining about the bad habits of husband. She calls him mean(lit. Black) and shameless
- 4. The husband, sarcastically again, asks whether she likes him or not. He refers to his really active kids for instance.
- 5. Now the wife turns to sarcasm and reverse psychology, she pretends to be angered at him for not caring about her.
- 6. The husband tries to picking up the wife by a little buttering.
- 7. The wife sarcastically calls the husband her personal assistant.
- 8. The husband now indirectly calls the wife a mare.
Λοιπές μεταφράσεις του "Punjabi Tappe"