- Part-time writer (fantasy, stories with a twist, short stories, poems) in German & English
- Full-time connoisseur of the good life
- Very much into
- making music (keyboard, piano, guitar, singing)
- listening to music (anything from classical music to perfect pop to dubstep)
Fave bands: 10,000 Maniacs, ABBA, Air, Pet Shop Boys (the old stuff), Queen, RHCP, Smashing Pumpkins
Fave artists: Jean-Michel Jarre, Amy Winehouse
My three albums for the proverbial remote island:
- 10,000 Maniacs - In My Tribe
- ABBA - ABBA Gold
- Air - Moon Safari
- Pet Shop Boys - Behaviour
- Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
- sports (cycling, table tennis, volleyball)
- photography (landscape, portrait, nude)
- reading (Neal Stephenson, David Foster Wallace, Douglas Adams)
- Made it through "Infinite Jest" but not "Finnegan's Wake". Love "Snow Crash" like crazy.
- Love a good translation challenge (looking at you, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nik Kershaw!).
- Also understand Dutch, Italian and some Spanish, but am not fluent in speaking.
- 1000th translation "No Diggity" dedicated to J.K.
Using my translations for private use is free.
To use my translations free of charge for public non-commercial or charity use cases or documentaries, make sure to include the following attribution in the respective language: "Translation by Kai Lübke, adorable-illusion.com".
Attribution must be included:
- for movies: in the closing credits
- for videos (YouTube etc.): in the closing credits (if present) and in the video description
- for audio (radio etc.): mentioned at the end of the song or programme
- for text (books etc.): in the introductory section or under the respective lyrics
For any other commercial use contact me.