Coimbra (Abril em Portugal) (English translation)
Coimbra (April in Portugal)
Coimbra, where once,
among tears, there was
the story of beautiful Inês,4
Coimbra of the songs
so tender that make
brighten our hearts
Coimbra of the Doctors 5
for us, your singers,
you are the source of love
Coimbra is a lesson, of dreams and traditions
the professor is a song, and the moon is the college 6
the book is a woman, only pass those who know
And you learn to say "I miss you"7
- 1. Coimbra is known for its university.
- 2. The Choupal is a woodland in Coimbra.
- 3. Coimbra was once the capital of Portugal.
- 4. Inês de Castro is famous for her love story with king Peter I of Portugal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In%C3%AAs_de_Castro
- 5. The Faculty of Medicine is one of the University of Coimbra.
- 6. A college or a faculty of the university.
- 7. "Saudade", in the original. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudade
More translations of "Coimbra (Abril em ..."