If I Were King (Spanish translation)
If I Were King
I often wish I were a King,
And then I could do anything.
If only I were King of Spain,
I'd take my hat off in the rain.
If only I were King of France,
I wouldn't brush my hair for aunts.
I think, if I were King of Greece,
I'd push things off the mantelpiece.
If I were King of Norroway,
I'd ask an elephant to stay.
If I were King of Babylon,
I'd leave my button gloves undone.
If I were King of Timbuctoo,
I'd think of lovely things to do.
If I were King of anything,
I'd tell the soldiers, "I'm the King!"
Si yo fuera un monarca...
A menudo, anhelo ser un monarca
y poder hacer todo lo que me dé la gana
Si tan solo hubiera sido un monarca Español
Me hubiera quitado mi sombrero aunque cayera un chaparrón
Si tan siquiera hubiera sido un monarca Francés
No me habría acicalado de la cabeza a los pies 1
Si hubiese sido un monarca Heleno, como aquel
habría quitado todas las cosas del anaquel 2
Si hubiera sido un monarca Nórdico,
pediría a un elefante su acopio 3
Si fuera yo un monarca Babilonio
dejaría bien atado el mitón, Antonio 4
Si yo fuera el monarca de Timbuctú
no dejaría de pensar en maravillas, bum 5
Si yo fuera el monarca absoluto
Le diría a los soldados: "Soy el dueño del mundo"
- 1. I had to change the sentence in order to make it rhytm
- 2. "Anaquel" a poetical form to say: "repisa" but sorry for now I can't make it more poethical I also add: "como aquel" in order to rhytm 100%
- 3. I have to wrote it like this in order to rhytm with "Nórdico" I know it's different from the english meaning but at least it has it's rhytm
- 4. "Mitón" is a kind of glove I have to add this male name at the end in order to rhytm it perfectly
- 5. Is silly to use that onomatopoeia I know... But it's the only thing that could rhytm 100% here: tururú, bum, buf...
|thanked 5 times|
Idioms from "If I Were King"
|1.||De la cabeza a los pies|