Advertisements

[SOLVED] Must Be Love /Malibu/ disco 1978

7 posts / 0 new
Pending moderation

Hello!

Please forgive me that I do not know French.

I'm trying to transcribe a disco song from 1978 from a French group called Malibu or Malibú.

It's called 'Must Be Love'.

How do you say/spell Must Be Love in French? Although it in sung in English, there are a few phrases I cannot understand. Maybe if I search in French, I can find French lyrics for help.

Merci

Moderator of Romance Languages

In French, it would be "ce doit être de l'amour" (if I'm not mistaken). I've listened to the song before, are you sure there's French in it? I can't hear any of it, unless you have another version?

Editor

Hi, Breezy!
Happy New Year!
Do you mean this song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFGOVLLH01A
Pls, remember to leave a link each time you ask. The song is in English. I remember there was a request for it some time ago. I can transcribe it for you. Send me a PM if you're interested. If you've found the French version, here's the English one for you anyway. Cheers!

Hi, in colloquial French, I would say "Ça doit être l'amour". "Ce doit être de l'amour" is right too, although it's a little literary...
Happy New Year to all of you, as we say : "Bonne année, bonne santé, et le paradis à la fin de vos jours !" Regular smile

First, thanks everyone.

Sandring, I will take you up on your generous offer and PM you. But the words are hard to hear. That's why I thought the French would help, if there is a French version.

It is an English song, I didn't put the link because I didn't want to trouble anyone.

You have all been very kind. Thanks again.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=melodiesmagic+blogspot+malibu+must+...

Editor

Breezy, it's all wrong. It starts
Must be love
Of the sunset that's shining bright...
Give me a few days.

Thank you.

Wow, i guess I don't have a good ear!

Take your time.

The requester has helped me a thousand times, he's been very generous. He loves disco, and he PM'd me to see if I could transcribe this, since no one responded to his formal request.

I was happy to repay his kindness. (I am not motivated by points.) That's why I made a personal attempt.

Feel free to copy him on any PMs, if you so desire. I will PM his user I'D to you.

I will delete my erroneous lyrics from my comment.

Thanks again!!!!

Breezy

Add new comment