modify collections with other users

10 posts / 0 new
Jack's Smirking Revenge
Joined: 24.12.2011
Pending moderation

Hi,

i wanted to know if this is possible to nominate other users to be able to modify and participate at the improvment of a collection.

Thx

Moderator and Scholar of a Dark Age
Joined: 16.02.2011

Currently not.
Collections are a fairly new feature, though, so maybe the admins will add that option, who knows.

Here's the general thread on collections: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/forum/report-problem-ask-question/collect...

Super Member
Joined: 03.10.2015

I wanna be an editor, how can l?

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Joined: 24.12.2011

Great, thx for the answer,
should rewrite it in the other thread?

Editor
Joined: 08.09.2014

Hm, maybe Editors could take up on that task? I'd certainly be glad to!

Moderator and Scholar of a Dark Age
Joined: 16.02.2011
Maria Kritikou wrote:

I wanna be an editor, how can l?

Be active, contribute, don't break any rules, and generally behave in a way that will make us mods want to recommend you as a new editor the next time we choose additional ones.

Btw, common as it is, asking to be an editor (or mod or whatever) in general rather reduces the chance than increasing it.

EnrixosfromParis wrote:

Great, thx for the answer,
should rewrite it in the other thread?

I suppose the admins might notice it there more easily, therefore yes, or maybe better add a link to this thread here there.

Higgs Boson wrote:

Hm, maybe Editors could take up on that task? I'd certainly be glad to!

Personally, I think that it should be up to the creator of a collection whether they want to make it editable by others.

Btw, mods (and probably also editors) already can edit collections - we just don't do it as collections so far are kinda considered personal.
But that depends on the type of collection of course.

A collection like "my favorite songs" is of course more personal than the collections of Eurovision Song Contest-songs.

The collections I added myself thus far were somewhere inbetween those extremes and I'd prefer on most of them to decide myself which songs get added although I greatly welcome any suggestions.

Editor
Joined: 08.09.2014
Sciera wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:

Hm, maybe Editors could take up on that task? I'd certainly be glad to!

Personally, I think that it should be up to the creator of a collection whether they want to make it editable by others.

Btw, mods (and probably also editors) already can edit collections - we just don't do it as collections so far are kinda considered personal.
But that depends on the type of collection of course.

A collection like "my favorite songs" is of course more personal than the collections of Eurovision Song Contest-songs.

The collections I added myself thus far were somewhere inbetween those extremes and I'd prefer on most of them to decide myself which songs get added although I greatly welcome any suggestions.

Yes, there should be specific guidelines as to what exactly an Editor or a Moderator can do with a collection, but I think the Admins should have the final say on that.

Moderator
Joined: 21.06.2013

Hi. Thanks for suggesting this, however I don't think it would be right to be able to edit others' collections as they can be personal ones. I think editors aren't able to edit collections either, when I was an editor back then when the collection feature was introduced, I wasn't able to edit, however excuse if something has changed during that time.
But I'd say some editing might be necessary. I.e the submitter is long gone and the collection they started needs new items, I think we could edit them then (by we I mean mods and possibly editors if they can).

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Joined: 24.12.2011

Thx for your reply,
Well i suggest to work the collection with someone i chose,
not everybody of course, otherwise it would fast become a mess collection Teeth smile

Guest

yeah I would be glad to help Regular smile

Add new comment