Advertisements

Shakira Tortura / Sanz' lyrics 1:13-1:20

7 posts / 0 new
Pending moderation

Could a native speaker of Spanish pls tell me what Mr. Sanz is saying in Spanish in Tortura from 1:13-1:20. And the English translation would be nice too. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkAcT83vA54

I think he's saying "que esto se acabe ya". Something like "I want this to be over"

Oh, thank you! I thought I heard 'esta otra vez' or something like that, or 'esta es otra vez' but my Spanish is poor.

Ah, it's easy to be confused when they speak/sing so fast and with a heavy accent. I had to rewatch it several times to find out what he was saying, and even after that I'm not sure yet haha

Editor

Hi, Breezy. I think he sings something like "Que no nos socarén, no nos socarén" Something like I wish we never fell out. Regular smile

Hmm, the plot thickens. Okay, thanks very much.

Ança Garça wrote:

Ah, it's easy to be confused when they speak/sing so fast and with a heavy accent. I had to rewatch it several times to find out what he was saying, and even after that I'm not sure yet haha

But either of your suggestions could also be correct, and in any case you've both taught me some more Spanish.

I have tried transcribing some English songs -- English is my native language -- and I can't figure out what the heck they're saying, so I understand. . .

I thank you and sandring again for your time and effort. Just knowing that people tried and no one can figure it out for sure helps me to put it out of my mind. As a friend said to me, "We all have a little OCD." I get stuck on these phrases. But if you rewind several times and still can't hear it, I can force myself to choose something and then LET IT GO ALREADY!!

Regular smile

Add new comment