Fenrisúlfur (traducción al Inglés)
traducción al InglésInglés
The Sun now burns with Surtr's1 glow,
the boiling sea is blood-red.
We ride on to victory on eight hooves2,
the isle is a battlefield with no reconciliation.
Mortal man, you barely suffice,
your sword is too blunt against Fenrir's jaws.
The creature, it howls, but the words are lost,
they couldn't win against Hilmar's pride.
I took up the sword, we rush towards each other,
the wolf was a gruesome sight to see.
Intense rage burns in his eyes,
bellowing he shows his claws and teeth.
The gods and Tyr3 were costly,
Gleipnir is a weapon you can't handle.
The battle cry cutting, loud and clear,
I will get you in binds and chains.
You are weak and skinny.
You are a loser and a coward.
Now I drag you to your death.
I shall tie you up4.
You shall break and fall apart.
You will be bound and tied.
You will breathe no more.
Your own cruelty will destroy you.
Wolf and man now meet,
Great are the dangers in Iceland.
The rain drenches the whole world,
two armed enemies.
The sword meets black teeth,
ravens soar over their heads.
Odin helps the man in this encounter,
the weak prayer dies.
The warrior sets about binding
the bleeding wolf and then
the young girl ties him up in Gjöll5
and ties his heels together.
The hero has trapped me and now
binds both of the wolf's hands.
Please take note, both gods and men,
battles with gods are now certain.
- 1. Surtr is a giant in Norse mythology who carries a massive, glowing sword.
- 2. I.e on Sleipnir, Odin's eight-legged horse, which Hilmar and Brynhildar have stolen.
- 3. Týr is a Norse god of war.
- 4. This last word is either derogatorily directed at Hilmar, or is just here to show the threat is directed at Brynhildur. Comments to back this up or correct me are welcome!
- 5. This is the river separating the living from the dead in Norse mythology.
|thanked 5 times|
Colecciones con "Fenrisúlfur"
|1.||Viking inspired songs|