広告

Translating without Judging

192 posts / 0 new
Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B4%D1%80-%D0%BC%D1%83%D1%85%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1365992">Alexander Frei</a>
登録日: 23.12.2017
TeSTaMeNT wrote:

History is grey for example

Right, TeSTaMeNT, and this grey history continue to exist: we make same mistakes.

Anyone who likes censorship, help me to be against freedom too. Delete these songs:

Some songs hurt me, because l'm a vegan. Delete:
https://lyricstranslate.com/ru/nofx-vegetarian-mumbo-jumbo-lyrics.html
https://lyricstranslate.com/ru/KOROL-I-SHUT-ELI-MYASO-MUZHIKI-lyrics.html

Some songs hurt me, because l'm a marxist. Delete:
https://lyricstranslate.com/ru/taco-puttin-ritz-lyrics.html (Commodity fetishism)
https://lyricstranslate.com/ru/trisha-paytas-i-love-you-jesus-lyrics.html (Religion)

Some songs hurt me, because l'm against drugs. Delete:
https://lyricstranslate.com/ru/die-toten-hosen-cokane-my-brain-lyrics.html
https://lyricstranslate.com/ru/leningrad-%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%BE%...

Some songs hurt me, because l'm against alcohol. Delete:
https://lyricstranslate.com/ru/gjan-one-more-drink-lyrics.html
https://lyricstranslate.com/ru/leningrad-%D0%B1%D1%83%D1%85%D0%BB%D0%BE-...

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/vevvev" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1405697">vevvev</a>
登録日: 14.12.2018

Do not go crazy. In any text you can find something that someone will not like...

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/jadis" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1387945">Jadis</a>
登録日: 01.07.2018
Natur Provence wrote:

In regard of Nazi songs, there is an additional rule in a section that may only be visible to editors and moderators. It says that songs that glorify the Nazis and are prohibited by law in Germany are also banned on our website.

You know that this is perfect hypocrisy, considering how many Nazi criminals lived on quietly in Germany and other countries after the war. The past of many of them was perfectly known to to everybody, and especially to the government of the Federal Republic of Germany, yet they were left in peace and died in their beds in the name of "reconcilliation" and other pretexts. So forbidding a song of the 1930's is just an alibi, a way to show how righteous and integer we are.

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B4%D1%80-%D0%BC%D1%83%D1%85%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1365992">Alexander Frei</a>
登録日: 23.12.2017

Do we really need this censorship? I quote one interesting thing from the book "Karrieren im Zwielicht" by Norbert Frei:

"Im Gegensatz zu den politischen Spitzen des Nationalsozialismus könnten fast alle Unternehmer, Juristen, Journalisten, Millitärs und Mediziner, die dem Regime in wichtigen Positionen gedient hatten, ihre Karrieren in der Bundesrepublik fortsetzen".

So anti-nazi censorship existed in Germany, but this not really helped. Anti-nazi censorship even not saved Germany from one nazi chancellor: Kurt Georg Kiesinger. He ruled 1966-1969. Let's remember other legal nazis:

"Männer wie

Hermann Josef Abs, vor und nach 1945 im Vorstand der Deutschen Bank;
Werner Best, vor 1945 Justitiar der Gestapo, danach Mitarbeiter bei Stinners;
Henri Nannen, im Krieg in einer Propagandakompanie , dann Chefredakteur des Stern;
Henri Reinhard Gehlen, Chef der Ostspionage unter Hitler und Adenauer..."

And many others

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/jadis" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1387945">Jadis</a>
登録日: 01.07.2018

Heinz Lammerding, "SS-Gruppenführer und Generalleutnant der Waffen-SS", "Hauptverantwortlicher für die Massaker der 2. SS-Panzer-Division „Das Reich“ an französischen Zivilisten in Oradour-sur-Glane und  Tulle im Juni 1944". In 1971 in der BRD gestorben. Bei seiner Beerdigung waren mehrere hundert ehemalige Nazi-Offiziere, darunter Otto Weidinger.

Editor - Sculptor of Language
<a href="/ja/translator/hansi-klauer" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1249237">Hansi K_Lauer</a>
登録日: 11.06.2015

Jadis and Alexander Frei:
Both of you hit the bull's eye!
The newly founded federal state in 1949 practiced a policy of symbolic gestures against the Nazis by banning their symbols.
This was in order to show the world that the new German state is different.
In reality, almost all old Nazis were covered, protected and promoted.
The NSDAP was banned, but a new Nazi party, the NPD was founded in 1964 and was admitted to the elections from 1965 onward and funded with state money for their election campaigns. More legal neo-Nazi parties have recently been founded.

It has now been proven that German state agencies, especially the domestic intelligence service have financially supported neo-fascist groups and protected them from persecution by the police and judiciary.
The terrorist activities of the neo-fascists are systematically obscured and played down by politicians and authorities.
Instead of banning all fascist parties and organizations, authorities adorn themselves with the ban on Nazi symbols from Hitler's time and punish foolish denial of the Holocaust.
This is policy of symbolic gestures a in the most genuine sense. You could also call it "head-in-sand policies".

We as LT shouldn't seek backing for our rules in those pitiful laws of the German state,
but rather service the needs and rely on the sober judgment of our own international users.
I am in favor of deleting the endorsement "songs that are forbidden from being published in Germany because of the glorification of the nazis" from our internal rules.
Our international users don't know which ones are affected and what is the reason for a incompatibility with LT.
We can decide by ourselves which songs should be banned, e.g. because of racial discrimination, calls for violence and anti-Semitism.

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/77seestern77" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1406612">77seestern77</a>
登録日: 23.12.2018

Hey Hansi,
the one thing is bad, that is why we should legalize all things they seem bad, but not so bad like that what happened ... . Is it the right way? I don´t think so.

LG seestern🌈🦄

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/77seestern77" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1406612">77seestern77</a>
登録日: 23.12.2018

@ all:

my English is not good enough to take part on this discussion suitable.
But I want to say about the way the discussion to twist in another issues, like other hate or sexism:

Please open a new topic!
Because I can tell and discusses otherwise also about porns at the supermarket or human meat at the butcher… .

Please read the topic. I will ask, if I have time, why someone create translations about such songs. And this answer, or silence will make my opinion! No one of my friends have to translate such a song without a good reason.

And by the way, that´s not because there is a historical interest! If there ask me someone with an really historical interest, I would create a translation by myself for them. However I´ll send it in a PN. But I think if I have really and only an historical interest it would be at least search about on LT… . 😉

Once is enough that such guys shot down us by our own weapons!

https://lyricstranslate.com/de/sage-nein-say-no.html
https://lyricstranslate.com/de/fall-der-f%C3%A4lle-case-all-possible-cas...

LG seestern🌈🦄

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/vera-jahnke" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1416993">Vera Jahnke</a>
登録日: 30.03.2019

I fear, I am not able to follow this very interesting discussion any longer:

Just now I learned that there are a lot of Nazis here and therefore we should allow their symbols and songs?

Our laws are stupid and hypocritical, so there is no need to obey them?

Hey guys, what' going on here? – Enlighten me!

When I see a documentary about the NS-time, there is a (historical!) reason for to play the Horst-Wessel-song, and I have no problem with it and no desire to ban it. It is good that I can read it on Wiki to be informed.

But this is LT, a website for poems and lyrics, a website for multicultural friendship and understanding. Ok, maybe I am totally wrong...

All the so called "historical interested" persons, why do they not go to a history-forum? - Maybe because they do not want to hear the facts?

I for my part have done here what I could to protect my French and Russian friends from what Nazis will do with them and all the others without any mercy....

Good Night everybody!

Criatura amorfa
<a href="/ja/translator/f%C3%ABnai-osun" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1402360">Especie no identificada</a>
登録日: 14.11.2018

I'm not an expert on the topic, but I don't (and wouldn't) side with Nazis and I have no sympathy for them. It's just that I don't think that censorship would solve anything. If there are some antisocial beliefs spreading throughout a country, there may be a underlying problem that must be solved.

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/vera-jahnke" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1416993">Vera Jahnke</a>
登録日: 30.03.2019

Dear Especie no identificada,

Sometimes we are angry, because we have problems with the job or with our partner. We want to beat our children, but our "inner" censor says "NO!"
So what do you suggest: First of all to remove this censor (and to beat the children) and then, secondly, go to a therapy? - Do you think, there could be any chance that it would be better to do it the other way round??? - Ok, maybe, my idea is stupid...

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/77seestern77" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1406612">77seestern77</a>
登録日: 23.12.2018

Censorship would not solve anything? Ok, i will get my car and drive with 150 km/h through the city to the butcher and buy some human meat... . Every law is a cencorship, so i believe... . That is why we have state systems. I do not need any nazi poems on lt to feel free... . And you can trust me, i'm a verry liberal person... .

Moderator of most things Romanic
<a href="/ja/translator/knee427" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1110108">Alma Barroca</a>
登録日: 05.04.2012

I'm also against any kind of censorship, but I agree with the rules LT Admins established with Mods and Editors a while ago:

Quote:

Only in most extreme cases lyrics and attached translations should be removed - songs that spread serious hate messages, racism, aggressive discrimination and/or provoke violence, for example (but not only) songs that are forbidden from being published in Germany because of the glorification of the nazis, and songs that glorify ISIS.

Regarding the original point of discussion, I didn't see any kind of infringement of said rule, even though it was a Nazi anthem it had no hate message or call to arms/violence as far as I can remember of Aaron's translation, so it should remain IMHO, and I don't think he should have deleted his work. We could just mark the lyrics as 'Explicit', though.

The rule is good as it is, so I'm pro keeping all songs by problematic performers or of a controversial background, unless there's a kind of hidden message or innuendo in it. However, we all know that there'll never be a consensus on this issue.

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/77seestern77" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1406612">77seestern77</a>
登録日: 23.12.2018

"At finally we will take the last attack alert (against the enemies)" in my little english... . Some other questions? You can let it in the grave for all time with this rules! Thank you in advance!

Criatura amorfa
<a href="/ja/translator/f%C3%ABnai-osun" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1402360">Especie no identificada</a>
登録日: 14.11.2018

I used the wrong word, my bad. With censorship, I was talking only about deleting writings of any kind. Yeah, those examples you've put are right, but there's something I still don't get: do you consider offensive poems, writings or manifestations of any kind a bannable act by itself, or it's about preventing something worse to happen?

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/77seestern77" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1406612">77seestern77</a>
登録日: 23.12.2018

I don´t want to discuss about other kinds of offensive poems on this topic. I know it is not easily to decide often. Surely, I can found harder sounds, but this lyric glorify the ns and there are hate massage and violence in the name of the ns dictature. The historical context does not exist and for explaining there are better sites than LT available. Furthermore you can find the song in English in some translations. If you want take a look of the original lyrics (your profile show you understand german) or any English translation and then you would realize that this song is a nazi hymn. If you want this song really also on LT? I don´t have need for it on this site… .
Please take a look at the headline. That’s the topic. What we do is out of topic.
If you want to talk with me about my opinion about another poem feel free to send me an link and your own opinion about it via PN and we can speak.
Or you create a new topic and I will see if I have a desire to take part.
LG seestern🌈🦄

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/vera-jahnke" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1416993">Vera Jahnke</a>
登録日: 30.03.2019

Hi Especie,

First, I am sorry to wrote a little bit ironical. Of course you are absolutely right, when you say that it is necessary to go to the roots of the problem.

And to say it clear: I don't like censorship! I want to have as much freedom as possible (see my comment #47). – And yes, it is about preventing something worse to happen!

Regarding Nazi-songs and symbols please see my comment #63. If there is a need for historical information, go to Wiki, go to a history-website. It is great that we can get information there!

The text of the Horst-Wessel-song seems to be "relatively" harmless:
They tell us that the "Reds" were already shot, millions of people are looking hopefully to the swastika, that they feel suppressed and that they want to change it...

But this song is a core symbol of the Nazi-movement, like the swastika itself.

The swastika by itself don't "say" anything bad directly, with words, but it stands for hate, war, destruction, racism, antisemitism and holocaust.

If someone argues that the symbol by itself is harmless, if we then allow it, why not put it as logo here? – If it is so harmless... – NAZIS ARE NOT HARMLESS! Let's go to a history-website and check it...

Many people all over the world have paid with their blood and their lives that I can live relatively free now, here in Germany. And although some people (!) are criticizing the Germans for their love for "rules", the very same people (and many other refugees) want to escape from their countries to live more safe here. Because of the rules.

Moderator
<a href="/ja/translator/aldefina" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1152070">Aldefina</a>
登録日: 16.01.2013

IMHO reading, hearing or seeing controversial things shouldn't influence anyone's worldview. Everyone who knows and understands the history may have a better view of what happened and why. There's no need to censor what has become a part of the history.

Let me tell you one thing that most of you may not know. Hans was the initiator of introducing censorship and he explained what his intentions were, so he didn't expect songs like this one to be censored.

[@Hansi K_Lauer] I agree with you that we overdid with our rules.

Hansi K_Lauer wrote:

We as LT shouldn't seek backing for our rules in those pitiful laws of the German state,
but rather service the needs and rely on the sober judgment of our own international users.
I am in favor of deleting the endorsement "songs that are forbidden from being published in Germany because of the glorification of the nazis" from our internal rules.
Our international users don't know which ones are affected and what is the reason for a incompatibility with LT.
We can decide by ourselves which songs should be banned, e.g. because of racial discrimination, calls for violence and anti-Semitism.

I think we should remove songs that are forbidden from being published in Germany because of the glorification of the Nazis from our site rules. I still wonder why it was added. The same way we could have added e.g. songs that are forbidden in North Korea.

Criatura amorfa
<a href="/ja/translator/f%C3%ABnai-osun" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1402360">Especie no identificada</a>
登録日: 14.11.2018

That's another point: what if one day I have to delete a translation I made because the song in question was banned in, to say something, China?

Criatura amorfa
<a href="/ja/translator/f%C3%ABnai-osun" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1402360">Especie no identificada</a>
登録日: 14.11.2018

No problem! Regular smile

I like to use absurd examples to prove my points. I just didn't happen to do it here yet. xD

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B4%D1%80-%D0%BC%D1%83%D1%85%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1365992">Alexander Frei</a>
登録日: 23.12.2017

How l said: "Nothing really change":

Fascist Mussolini wrote in his "the doctrine of fascism": "Liberalism is logical anteroom to anarchy"
Now lovers of censorship say: "The absence of censorship is logical anteroom to anarchy"

Lovers of censorship used "Ad homineim" 5 or more times. For example Natur Provence said: "I am NOT on A.'s side, for me he is at least immature and imprudent".

But this isn't over! Two people even used "Equivocation":
-Anti-nazi censorship doesn't make sense on web-site LT. Internet is too free for any censorship
-Then we can eat human meat? Yes? Can l kill people?

Really? -_-

77seestern77: "why we should legalize all things" "And you can trust me, i'm a verry liberal person..."

For me it's sounds like (no offense!): "l'm not a racist, but l dont like this nation and l want deport them"

Guys, thanx for this strange discussion, but I've had enough

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/jadis" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1387945">Jadis</a>
登録日: 01.07.2018

Let's fight for freedom of thought ! Regular smile
I added my 2-pence today by translating  Мы идем широкими полями. I'm sure that some Stalinists will choke with rage (although the song is mentioned on Russian Wikipedia...)
 

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/77seestern77" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1406612">77seestern77</a>
登録日: 23.12.2018

@alexander: No, I don´t want to deport someone. But I don´t want to support it.
If I would think LT is a room to feel well than I don´t want my enemy beside me. So what!

@jadis: “Let´s fight for freedom of thought” OMG Your behavior in this post to this discussion is like a little children. “Mom, I want you to say “shit” on the table! Without them i´m not free! And I´m sure, you want me to be free. So please, let´s do it!”

Fascism is not an opinion, fascism is a crime!

Well, I think I have explain my views! I think I´m also out of this discussion.

Take care!

LGseestern 🌈🦄

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/blacksea4ever" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1390089">BlackSea4ever</a>
登録日: 19.07.2018

Fascism, like any hatred, is borne of the fear, ignorance, misinformation, and manipulation. Europe did take many refugees and it isn't easy in such numbers. Why does Turkey conduct offensive on Kurds creating more refugees? Why does Russia invade Ukraine? Why does USA have an ignorant fool and traitor as a president? This isn't something that can be answered here. Here, the subject is should a singable translation of a Nazi hymn be done or removed? I stand with others - against censorship, but more against propagating hate.

Moderator
<a href="/ja/translator/aldefina" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1152070">Aldefina</a>
登録日: 16.01.2013

When me change some site rules we always have a discussion in our moderators’ room. We always seek for a reasonable compromise that should suite most of our users. In case of the censorship we had many very long discussions and the main problem was how to define what is not allowed.

How difficult it was is visible also in this discussion. Even here opinions were different and I must admit that e.g. the idea of censoring “Crusader” is so ridiculous that it has only recalled me that this song is on my list of future translations.

Our discussion finally ended with a compromise - we should censor only in extreme cases. There is no other solution.

If you can suggest something better, here you have a chance to do it.

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/iam-real-lord-hell" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1333527">TeSTaMeNT</a>
登録日: 31.03.2017

Good question, Turkey has never conducted offensive on Kurds. Turkey conducted offensive on YPG/PKK and other Terrorist groups. I dont know what does your media say. I totally agree with other things you said.

Moderator
<a href="/ja/translator/aldefina" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1152070">Aldefina</a>
登録日: 16.01.2013

For Goodness sake please don't turn this into a political discussion and concentrate on the problem of censorship.

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/vera-jahnke" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1416993">Vera Jahnke</a>
登録日: 30.03.2019
Aldefina wrote:

I think we should remove songs that are forbidden from being published in Germany because of the glorification of the Nazis from our site rules. I still wonder why it was added. The same way we could have added e.g. songs that are forbidden in North Korea.

Aldefina/Andrzej, I think, it is very offending to compare a democratic country which is trying to learn from its history with a dictatorship.

Don't you think, a moderator should be more careful what he or she is saying?

But I have 3 other and for me more important questions to you:

1) Who is responsible for this site?

2) In which country this site is located?

3) Why haven't you add publisher's imprint/edition notice to this site?

Thank you in advance.

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/vera-jahnke" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1416993">Vera Jahnke</a>
登録日: 30.03.2019
Aldefina wrote:

... I must admit that e.g. the idea of censoring “Crusader” is so ridiculous that it has only recalled me that this song is on my list of future translations.

Aldefina, this is a misunderstanding. I have written that I have translated it and then I myself have decided not to publish my own translation, because it is not my intention to offend other people here. - Why do you think it is ridiculous? Because I do not want to offend other people???

Moderator
<a href="/ja/translator/aldefina" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1152070">Aldefina</a>
登録日: 16.01.2013

Dear Vera, I think you got out of topic. You can easily find the answers for your two first questions on the net and as for the third one I must say I don't know what you mean. Could you explain it?

Please read what Hans wrote why we shouldn't refer to German law. Our site is not located in Germany and we are a community from all over the world.

My comment was just an irony that you clearly misunderstood. Sorry for being ironic, some of you may have misunderstood what I meant.

Moderator
<a href="/ja/translator/aldefina" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1152070">Aldefina</a>
登録日: 16.01.2013

For many years I've been a fan of Chris de Burgh and about two weeks ago I was on his fantastic and very long concert in my hometown. I watched many interviews with him where he told about his philosophy of life and when I read your comment about "Crusader" I nearly fainted. I can't say more... Maybe you should learn about him a bit more, he never wrote anything that could have been described as controversial.

Editor True-to-original translations.
<a href="/ja/translator/michaelna" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1257575">MichaelNa</a>
登録日: 29.08.2015

One's absolute truth can easily be someone else's outright lie therefore nobody should have the right to censor anybody, especially a translator. A translator is only spreading knowledge and if that knowledge happens to be lies then it's up to the reader to make up his/her mind, in other words, be their own censor.
Personally, if I come across something that I disagree with I simply turn the page but I would hate it someone else turned the page for me.

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/vera-jahnke" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1416993">Vera Jahnke</a>
登録日: 30.03.2019

Dear Aldefina, would you be so kind to give me the link, please? - I cannot find anything.
Although I think it would be easier to give me one ore two lines here...
"Our site is not located in Germany..." - So, please, tell me, where it is located! Or is it a secret?
Regarding my 3. question, I mean "Impressum". LT has no impressum...

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/blacksea4ever" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1390089">BlackSea4ever</a>
登録日: 19.07.2018

Michael,
Your point is easily accepted. But, consider what I feel when I see a Nazi hymn translation, request to translate it into other languages, and all I can think of is the mass grave where Nazis buried alive my grandmother, my aunts, and countless others. What does a grandchild of a concentration camp victim feels when once more we hear holocaust is a hoax? What does a German living with the burden of sin they had nothing to do with feel - that's a direct quote from a German student I met in Munich?

Moderator
<a href="/ja/translator/aldefina" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1152070">Aldefina</a>
登録日: 16.01.2013

No, I don’t think it’s a secret. Lyricstranslate is an Ukrainian site and it’s servers are located in Bila Tserkva: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bila_Tserkva, though now it is registered in Panama. Indeed, the first information was visible a couple years ago only and since that time I never checked again, but it looks like nothing has changed.

[@Lt]: As for the third question I think it should be directed to the admins. We never thought it was needed.

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/77seestern77" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1406612">77seestern77</a>
登録日: 23.12.2018

Hey there, the rules they wrote down were one of the point to stay on this site in the past. Maybe you can accept my view to consider it again would there some changes.
Why is this question again and again in this room? The rules are good and clear. When there appear a new translation of an ns song on the site we do not have to think about to change the rules again and again.

Moderator of most things Romanic
<a href="/ja/translator/knee427" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1110108">Alma Barroca</a>
登録日: 05.04.2012

As far as I can remember, there are (or were) different site admins. I remember at least two other Admin accounts in contact with us in the Mod Room ages ago, but it seems they now use the same one (https://lyricstranslate.com/en/translator/lt). I also remember they openly told us they were/are all Ukrainian. As for their real identity, I don't think they (or any other user) should reveal who they are, unless they're comfortable doing that.

Editor True-to-original translations.
<a href="/ja/translator/michaelna" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1257575">MichaelNa</a>
登録日: 29.08.2015
BlackSea4ever wrote:

Michael,
Your point is easily accepted. But, consider what I feel when I see a Nazi hymn translation, request to translate it into other languages, and all I can think of is the mass grave where Nazis buried alive my grandmother, my aunts, and countless others. What does a grandchild of a concentration camp victim feels when once more we hear holocaust is a hoax? What does a German living with the burden of sin they had nothing to do with feel - that's a direct quote from a German student I met in Munich?

This is obviously straying from the topic.
If you destroy the tools that were used to bring about that part of history you won’t stop history from repeating itself but you can by submitting them as examples i. e. these are the words that almost brought humanity to extinction, do you want to try it again?

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/blacksea4ever" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1390089">BlackSea4ever</a>
登録日: 19.07.2018

No, I am in agreement with those against the censorship, but such entries should require comments to put the context in perspective for those who come in (without context) to sing along. I'm not asking for anything but personal responsibility. But sometimes, there are no two ends on a stick, "no good people on both sides" as trump said when white supremacists were chanting "Jews will not replace us" clashing with the protestors against them on the streets of Charlottesville https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlottesville_car_attack

Moderator
<a href="/ja/translator/aldefina" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1152070">Aldefina</a>
登録日: 16.01.2013

But, Deanna, Hans (I think it was Hans, if I'm not mistaken) has added a comment to this particular song. Wasn't it enough?

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/blacksea4ever" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1390089">BlackSea4ever</a>
登録日: 19.07.2018

Yes, Andrzej, it was. Vera added comments and Aaron created this thread, which ran away, as it usually does. The rest evolved into the general discussion.

Moderator
<a href="/ja/translator/aldefina" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1152070">Aldefina</a>
登録日: 16.01.2013

Sorry, I just checked the logs. It wasn't Hans, but x xx, who published this song. Nevertheless, wasn't this comment sufficient?

Moderator
<a href="/ja/translator/aldefina" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1152070">Aldefina</a>
登録日: 16.01.2013

Oh, I see in the meantime you answered my question already. So what's the problem with this particular song?

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/blacksea4ever" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1390089">BlackSea4ever</a>
登録日: 19.07.2018

Lol, and which song are we presently discussing? Lol/cry

Moderator
<a href="/ja/translator/aldefina" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1152070">Aldefina</a>
登録日: 16.01.2013

This discussion was supposed to be about "Horst-Wessel-Lied". It's not visible at the moment, because it was unpublished - at least for the time of this discussion.

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/blacksea4ever" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1390089">BlackSea4ever</a>
登録日: 19.07.2018

In my opinion, a link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horst-Wessel-Lied would have sufficed explaining how a seemingly innocuous song was used by Nazis paying attention to: "This is not the sort of music to be played for MIXED gatherings..." An honorable mention going to Nazi propaganda machine twisting the facts.

On the final note, it is not the song, but what it represents and how it was used. As one of my fav newscasters says: listen to what they say and watch what they do

Moderator
<a href="/ja/translator/aldefina" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1152070">Aldefina</a>
登録日: 16.01.2013

For those of you who cannot see it anymore I copied the comment that is written there:

Das Horst-Wessel-Lied ist ein politisches Lied, das zunächst (ab etwa 1929) ein Kampflied der SA war und etwas später zur Parteihymne der NSDAP avancierte. Es trägt den Namen des SA-Mannes Horst Wessel, der den Text zu einem nicht genau geklärten Zeitpunkt zwischen 1927 und 1929 auf eine vermutlich aus dem 19. Jahrhundert stammende Melodie verfasste.

Nach der Machtübernahme der NSDAP fungierte das Lied, nach dem Vorbild der Giovinezza im faschistischen Italien, de facto als zweite deutsche Nationalhymne.[1] Das Lied wurde 1945 nach der Niederlage Deutschlands im Zweiten Weltkrieg durch den Alliierten Kontrollrat verboten. Dieses Verbot ist aufgrund § 86a StGB in Deutschland bis heute in Kraft. In Österreich gelten aufgrund § 3 des Verbotsgesetzes 1947 ähnliche Bestimmungen.

It should have been perhaps better to write it in English (but the song is in German) or that the translators would also translate it.

Member
<a href="/ja/translator/almitra" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1432222">Almitra</a>
登録日: 01.09.2019
Jadis wrote:

Let's fight for freedom of thought ! Regular smile
I added my 2-pence today by translating  Мы идем широкими полями. I'm sure that some Stalinists will choke with rage (although the song is mentioned on Russian Wikipedia...)
 

I'm not a Stalinist, but I shall make it a rule never to deal with you in any capacity. Thank you for your contribution.

Super Member
<a href="/ja/translator/blacksea4ever" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1390089">BlackSea4ever</a>
登録日: 19.07.2018
Editor - Sculptor of Language
<a href="/ja/translator/hansi-klauer" class="userpopupinfo username" rel="user1249237">Hansi K_Lauer</a>
登録日: 11.06.2015

As far as I remember the comment was a different one.
For sure there was no disclaimer attatched.

Pages