Hello and welcome to LT! 🐦
Below you will find what I think are two very important rules to keep in mind during your stay:
1. When making requests: Request the translation/ transcription (the writing down of lyrics) of a song by going to: Main menu bar → Actions → Request a translation/ Request a transcription. From there, follow the instructions.
2. When adding a song, remember to also add the video. Also make sure that you're adding an official one, as those are not usually removed from Youtube, which reduces Editors' and Moderators' workload as they don't have to fix broken video links.
Official videos come in one of the four formats:
• Artist Name - Song Name (Topic) - Titles with the word "Topic" after them are videos generated by Youtube.
• Artist Name ♪ - Song Name - Artist names with a note (♪) after them are the official channel of the artist.
• Artist NameVEVO - Song Name - Artist names with "VEVO" after them also indicate an official channel.
• Artist Name - Song Name (Official) - This is the rarest format and usually means this is an independent artist. If the video is indeed an official one, the profile name usually matches with the artist's name.
Sometimes you have to scroll further down to find the correct video.
Dictionaries: English and other languages
The Free Dictionary English dictionary (leans toward US English)
Cambridge Dictionary English dictionary (leans toward UK English)
Thesaurus English thesaurus (look up synonyms)
Written Sound Look up 'sound words' (onomatopoeia)
Urban Dictionary, the 'original' one
Glosbe Powerful multilingual dictionary (evaluate results critically!)
Sanakirja.org Dictionary based on Wiktionary (in Finnish)
Sanakirja.fi A trustworthy dictionary. Partly paywalled. (in Finnish)
SES Finnish-Estonian-Finnish dictionary
Urbaani sanakirja The Finnish equivalent of Urban Dictionary
Convertcase Case converter
Rhymer Rhyme dictionary (for poetry and such)
Syllable Counter for English (for rhythmic and singable translations)
Wikipedia Look up terms and concepts between languages
Wiktionary Look up words, grammar and (sometimes) etymologies
Etymonline Look up historical meanings of words (etymologies)