1. M.D. Ph. D. Clinical Imaging, former director of Radiodiagnostic Department for 22 years (1987-2009).
2. Translator, First Prize of the European Institute for Literary Translation, Hellenic American Union, from English to Greek, Athens, Greece, 30/9/2016.
3. Cinema Maker, first prize in short film amateur film making in 1967 in Thessaloniki, Greece, 20th of October 1967.
marv is the official signature of the translator
The Athenian general Miltiades, my ancient Greek baptized Christian Orthodox first name is Μιλτιάδης after him (Μίλτος is my nickname) in my ID, was the genius General who defeated the Persians in the Marathon battle, which has been one of the most decisive battles in ancient history in 490 BC along with the naval battle of Salamis in 480 BC which has been even more important where the Greeks defeated, the second time in ten years, the Persians under the leadership of Themistocles.
As a result of these two victories the future to come for all the nations of Europe and thus for the future to come for all the western world including the non discovered yet America too, either to follow the type of a despotic tyrannic eastern state (Persian) or the type of a democratic western state (Greek), alias Hellas or in Greek language Eλλάδα, was a democracy because democracy was born by Greeks (Έλληνες) in Greece (Ελλάδα), which was the only democracy among all the existing in the western and in the eastern world states of the globe 3000 years ago, with its civilized language, culture, tragedy, philosophy, arts, sciences.
PS The marathon is a long-distance race with an official distance of 42.195 kilometers (26 miles 385 yards), usually run as a road race. The event was instituted in commemoration of the fabled run of the Greek soldier Pheidippides, a messenger from the Battle of Marathon to Athens, who reported the victory.
A poem by the famous Greek poet CAVAFIS ''ΚΕΡΙΑ'' - ''CANDLES''
Translated by Kostas Wootis - Ireland 2017
Του μέλλοντος η μέρες στέκοντ’ εμπροστά μας
σα μιά σειρά κεράκια αναμένα –
χρυσά, ζεστά, και ζωηρά κεράκια.
Η περασμένες μέρες πίσω μένουν,
μιά θλιβερή γραμμή κεριών σβησμένων˙
τα πιό κοντά βγάζουν καπνό ακόμη,
κρύα κεριά, λιωμένα, και κυρτά.
Δεν θέλω να τα βλέπω˙ με λυπεί η μορφή των,
και με λυπεί το πρώτο φως των να θυμούμαι.
Εμπρός κυττάζω τ’ αναμένα μου κεριά.
Δεν θέλω να γυρίσω να μη διω και φρίξω
τι γρήγορα που η σκοτεινή γραμμή μακραίνει,
το γρήγορα που τα σβηστά κεριά πληθαίνουν.
The future days stand before us
like a row of candles all alight -
golden, warm, and lively candles.
Days gone remain left behind,
a gloomy line of candles, all burnt-out;
smoke rises still from those that are closest,
cold candles, melted and contorted.
I don’t want to look at them; it saddens me, their sight,
it saddens me recalling their first light.
I look ahead, towards my lighted candles.
I don’t want to turn around, to notice and despair
how quickly the dark line of candles lengthens,
how quickly the burned-out ones multiply.
1. ''The fact that the most perfect demonstration of the will of life, the human organism, with his genius complex mechanism, incomparable to anything, is prone to be rotten in the ground, and his whole substance, his whole toil to surrender so nakedly to extinction at the end this is the clear message of nature that the struggle of the will for life is ultimately futile.''
2. ''If you wish to follow a trustful guide to orientate you in life, be used to face the world as a place of repentance, a kind of a colony of the doomed and the disasters, the plights, the sufferings, and the misfortunes of life not as something unnatural but as the rule since our presence in this world is our punishment for our existence.''
The influence of Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860) was more intense within the sphere of Psychology of human beings than that within the sphere of Philosophy.
All the philosophers until Arthur Schopenhauer haven't been impressed by the pressure of ''SEX'' (Wille zum Leben-The will of life) that imposes on the human psyche, but instead, Arthur Schopenhauer has insisted vigorously on that in his new and obscene theory without experimentally scientific proof as Sigmund Freud did, who was born in 1856, 68 years after Arthur Schopenhauer's birth in 1788.
Sigmund Freud has not had the courage to admit that all he did was stolen after Schopenhauer's theory because he has read Schopenhauer and was familiar with it, even he never stated this truth anywhere in his writings.
Schopenhauer, for the first time in human philosophy, said in detail that the psychical relevance to the ultimate essentials for human matters is ''SEX'' (Wille zum Leben-The will of life.)
After Arthur Schopenhauer, everything changed, and humans were astonished that one specific, unknown until then, matters in the human public life so crucially important to his acts, ethics, and behaviors and it is the most outstanding act within the human. ''SEX'' (Wille zum Leben-The will of life) is the key playing critical role το human life, a role that Arthur Schopenhauer brought from darkness into the light, and his theory was scorned and stubbornly refused by all the great philosophers of his time until he was recognized just a few years before his death and then thousands of young fowlers defended his theory in great respect, and even the same people who laughed at his presence before.
In his young thirties, he completed his philosophical task on this earth by publishing the two multi-paged volumes of the base of his philosophy with the title ''The World as Will and Representation'' which was never and would never be translated in our meager country. His justification came very late in his life in his seventies just before his death, when he republished the book with new alterations. He then acquired thousands of young new followers from all over the world, just before his death, who all served him as a god. What an irony!
He hated to his guts HEGEL as a con philosopher, who was existing and teaching in the same university with Schopenhauer. Οnce, when he was young, they were teaching in different amphitheaters at the same time and only a few students appeared in Arthur Schopenhauer's lecture contrary to Hegel's where even the corridors were flooding.
But he made his glorious comeback to the eternity at last with the new altered material of the last edition of his unique superb book ''The World as Will and Representation'' which has been misunderstood and underestimated -to the essential role of ''SEX'' (Wille zum Leben-The will of life) in the human behavior- which has not been given the appropriate Importance by almost all the modern philosophers and scientists and even now his work stands before us as a rude and unpossessed material.
The great philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer gave a name to the power within human creatures, which as Schopenhauer sensed, is steadily prevailing over logic. He named it: (Wille zum Leben-The will of life) and he defined it as the inherent impulse inside the human creatures, and the living organisms in general, to stay alive and to reproduce themselves. Schopenhauer strongly denied tο perceive love as something trivial or something of mere chance, but on the contrary, he considered it as an endless power which was lying hidden in the human soul-changing dramatically the face of the world. The ultimate goal of all of the ''heart affairs'' is the most important in the life of the human being than any other goal and deserves the utmost importance with which everyone pursues it.
The scheduling strategy of the above-mentioned ''SEX''-alias ''heart'' affairs- is nothing more than the plain continuation of the human species. Schopenhauer's ideas were the foreshadowing core of the Darwinian theory of the evolution of the living species and the Froidean meanings of libido and the subconsciousness .
1. M.D. Ph. D. Clinical Imaging, former director of the Department of Radiodiagnosis for 22 years (1987-2009) in ''St. Paul General Hospital'', Thessaloniki, Greece.
2. Translator, First Prize of the European Institute for Literary Translation, Hellenic American Union, from English to Greek, Athens, Greece, 30/9/2016 for the Greek translation of the selection of American Medical Poetry by the Psychiatrist-Poet Richard M. Berlin with the title ΄΄Εργαστήριο Ανατομικής'' with the co-translator Aggelos Grollios, editions ENEKEN Thessaloniki, first edition 2015, second edition 2016.
3. Cinema Maker, first prize in short film amateur film contest, which took place for the first tIme in GREECE in 1967 organized by the cultural department of ''Drasis'' newspaper in Thessaloniki, Greece, 20th of October 1967, for my short film in black and white without sound in 8 mm ''Τομές'' - ''Cross sections '', 01:36 minutes.
The President of the jury committee was: Vasilis Fragos and the members were: N. Bakolas, G. Paralis, M. Iatrides, Faidon Ioannidis alias Faidon o Politis.
marv is the official signature of the translator
Translations views: 13917 for 121 translations