Teacher, professional text proofreader, scientific magazine editor, academic. Language aficionado and, above all, human. For my language adventures, catch up on me on Duolingo.
🌐📚Languages I know, and to which level:
- My native language is Portuguese (Brazilian Portuguese, if you want to call it by that name). That means that if you want a song translated by an European or into European Portuguese, I'm afraid I won't be able to help.
- I have a degree in Languages-Portuguese/English and have studied it for around 15 years, although I haven't taught English for the majority of this time.
- I had a year of Spanish classes in high school ~10 years ago, but forgot most of it. Recently started taking Duolingo classes on it.
- Had half a year of Latin classes in college, didn't advance.
- I know French, Italian, Dutch and German in different levels because when I was younger I used to listen to songs in these languages and then went to look for their meanings - I'd say my Italian is the best among all of these. Thanks to LT users for always bringing me very helpful feedback. I do use physical grammars and dictionaries in some cases to aid with my pre-existent knowledge of said language(s).
- καλημέρα/καλησπέρα. I started a course on conversational Greek. Not enough for me to venture into translating longer songs at the moment.
- I know some of Tupi, Guarani and Nheengatu as I have studied these languages for my Dissertation. Not too much, though.
Languages I'm interested in, to some extent or another: Dutch, Romanian.
➜ My PMs are always open if you want or need help. I'll do my best to answer between 1-3 days. If I take longer, please be patient.
➜ If you like one of my translations, don't hesitate: click the 'Thanks' button, leave a comment and a rating. It makes me happy to know you liked what I did - and your feedback is a way of improving myself, specially in languages I do not master yet.