- Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
- You can insert footnotes directly into texts with
[fn]This text becomes a footnote.[/fn]. This will be replaced with a running number (the footnote reference) and the text within the [fn] tags will be moved to the bottom of the page (the footnote).
Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <p> <table> <tr> <td> <fn> <footnote> [footnote] <div>
- Lines and paragraphs are automatically recognized. The <br /> line break, <p> paragraph and </p> close paragraph tags are inserted automatically. If paragraphs are not recognized simply add a couple blank lines.
- If you include a textual smiley in your post (see chart below), it will be replaced by a graphical smiley.
Quoted content can be placed between [quote] tags in order to be displayed as an indented quote. Every [quote] tag must have a corresponding [/quote] tag. For example:
[quote]This is a simple quote.[/quote]is displayed as:This is a simple quote.
Additionally, there is an optional attribute which allows quotes to specify the original author.
[quote=Mr. Drupal]This is a quote with an attribution line.[/quote]is displayed as:This is a quote with an attribution line.
Finally, multiple [quote] tags can be nested within one another. Just remember that every [quote] tag must have a corresponding [/quote] tag.
[quote]I think she says it best... [quote=Ms. Quotation]This is a quote nested within another quote.[/quote] but you can't argue with [quote=Ms. Reply]The more quotes, the merrier. Just don't get too carried away.[/quote] And I have nothing more to say.[/quote]is displayed as:I think she says it best...but you can't argue with This is a quote nested within another quote.And I have nothing more to say. The more quotes, the merrier. Just don't get too carried away.
You may insert videos from popular video sites by using a simple tag
- Single video:
- Random video out of multiple:
- Override default autoplay setting:
- Override default width and height:
[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN1qUeId width:X height:Y]
- Override default aspect ratio:
- Align the video:
Supported sites: Archive.org, Blip.tv, Capped, College Humor, DailyMotion, Flickr Slideshows, Flickr Video, Game Trailers, Game Videos, GodTube, Google Video, Meta Cafe, MySpace, Picasa Slideshows, Slideshare, Streamhoster, Teachertube, Vimeo, Wistia, YouTube, YouTube (Playlist).
Special instructions:Some codecs need special input. You'll find those instructions here.
- Picasa Slideshows:
You must use the URL of the RSS feed for the Picasa album:
- View the album in Picasa (you should see thumbnails, not a slideshow).
- Find the "RSS" link and click it.
- Copy the resulting URL from the browser address bar. Example:
You need to construct your own URL, using the "Wordpress Embed" code from Slideshare, extract the "id", and form the URL like this: slideshare.net/1759622
- Single video: